|Tom Riley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1981|
Tom Riley is an English actor, producer, and director. He is best known for his portrayal of Leonardo Da Vinci in the historical fantasy drama series, Da Vinci’s Demons, and his appearances in shows like Doctor Who, Inside No. 9, The Collection, and Dark Heart. The actor has gained quite a popularity and has amassed over 50k followers on Instagram.
Maidstone, Kent, England, United Kingdom
Tom went to Maidstone Grammar School. He then attended the University of Birmingham and graduated in 2002. Later, he did a 3-year acting course at London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art graduating in 2005.
Actor, Producer, Director
Tom is represented by Principal Entertainment.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom has dated –
- Lizzy Caplan (2015-Present) – Tom and American actress Lizzy Caplan first met in January 2015 in London while Lizzy was shooting for a film. The couple started dating shortly after and made their relationship public by walking the red carpet at the Prague Opera Ball together as a couple in February 2016. Tom proposed to Lizzy in 2016 and the couple got engaged in New York and finally tied the knot in September 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
Playing the character of Leonardo Da Vinci in the historical fantasy drama series, Da Vinci’s Demons
Tom made his theatrical film debut as David in the thriller drama, A Few Days in September, in 2006.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Bobby Argyle in an episode of the mystery drama series, Marple, in 2007.
Tom Riley Favorite Things
- Actor – Tom Hanks
Source – IMDb
Tom Riley Facts
- Tom first got involved in drama in his hometown when he was only 4.
- He spent most of his school years writing and directing plays and also had his own radio show at the University.
- He worked with the Royal Court Theatre company while still studying at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and appeared in the play, The Woman Before, shortly before graduating.
- He also started a small theatre company, Article 19, out of his love for theatre and stage.
- He was nominated for a Drama Desk Award for Best-Featured Actor in a Play for his performance in Tom Stoppard’s Arcadia on Broadway in 2012.
- In 2014, he became the winner of the Best Actor BAFTA Cymru Award for his work in the historical fantasy drama series, Da Vinci’s Demons.
- Follow Tom Riley on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Tom Riley / Instagram