|Salma Hayek Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 2, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Salma Hayek is a Mexican actor, producer, director, voiceover artist, and model whose breakthrough role was in the 2002 film Frida, playing Mexican painter Frida Kahlo, for which she was nominated for Best Actress for the Academy Awards, the BAFTA Film Awards, the Golden Globe Awards, and the Screen Actors Guild Awards. She is also known for having been cast as Rita Escobar in the Western action comedy film Wild Wild West, Isabel Fuentes in the romantic comedy film Fools Rush In, Minerva Mirabal in the feature film In the Time of the Butterflies, Esmeralda in the romantic drama film The Hunchback, Sofia Reyes in the comedy-drama series Ugly Betty, and Kitty Softpaws (voice) in the computer-animated adventure film Puss in Boots. Over the years, she has received many accolades including the Blockbuster Entertainment Award for “Favorite Supporting Actress – Action” for Wild Wild West, Daytime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Directing in a Children/Youth/Family Special” for The Maldonado Miracle, and ALMA Award for “Outstanding Actor/Actress in a Made for Television Movie or Miniseries” for In the Time of the Butterflies.
Salma Hayek Jiménez
Salma Hayek Jiménez de Pinault, Salma Hayek
Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, México
Salma Hayek attended the Academy of the Sacred Heart in Grand Coteau, Louisiana, at the age of twelve. While there, she was diagnosed with dyslexia. She also went to Ramtha’s School of Enlightenment.
She attended University in Mexico City, where she studied International Relations at the Universidad Iberoamericana (In English – Ibero-American University).
Actor, Producer, Director, Voiceover Artist, Model
- Father – Sami Hayek (Oil company executive who once ran for mayor of Coatzacoalcos)
- Mother – Diana Jiménez Medina (Opera singer and talent scout)
- Siblings – Sami Hayek Jr (Brother) (Designer)
- Others – Elias Hayek Labahi (Paternal Grandfather), Adela Domínguez Marún (Paternal Grandmother), Maria Luisa Lopez (Maternal Grandmother)
Salma Hayek has been repped by Management 360, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
In 2020, her net worth was $200 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Salma Hayek has dated –
- Johnny Depp (1995) – They were RUMORed to be dating together in 1995.
- Edward Atterton (1997-1999) – English actor, Edward was reported to be dating this Mexican actress. (as reported by Celebuzz).
- Ben Affleck (1999) – After filming “Dogma” together in 1999, it was reported that the two are dating each other. But, no official confirmation came. He also looked odd with Salma due to the height difference of more than 1 foot.
- Edward Norton (1999-2003) – This cute couple dated from 1999 to 2003.
- Josh Lucas (2003-2004) – Josh Lucas dated for almost a year from August 2003 to July 2004. They were frequently spotted many times in Hollywood.
- François-Henri Pinault (2007-Present) – Salma Hayek announced her engagement with French billionaire and PPR CEO François-Henri Pinault on March 9, 2007. She also announced on the same day that she was expecting her first child. They split on July 18, 2008, for some time. But, reconciled soon. So, there was an ON-OFF kind of relationship. Salma Hayek gave birth to daughter Valentina Paloma Pinault at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California on September 21, 2007. They married on Valentine’s Day, 2009 in Paris. On April 25, 2009, they were married a second time in Venice, Italy.
Race / Ethnicity
Her father is of Lebanese descent while her mother is of Spanish descent.
- Often plays strong-willed, independent women roles
- Have a curvaceous, buxom figure
- Beautiful Eyes
39-24-36 in 99-61-91.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
6½ (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
Salma has endorsed Avon, Burger King (2012), Coca Cola (2004), Coors (1999), and Revlon (1997).
Best Known For
Her work in Frida (2002), Desperado (1995), Ugly Betty (2006-2007)
She has not released any music album. But, she has sung/performed songs in 3 movies. The first was in the 1995 movie Desperado for the song Quedate Aquí.
In 2002 for the movie Frida she performed the Mexican folk song La Bruja with the band Los Vega.
She also recorded Siente mi amor, which played during the end credits of Once Upon a Time in Mexico.
1993 American drama film Mi Vida Loca (also known as My Crazy Life) for her role as Gata. She was not in a lead role in this movie.
First TV Show
1988 TV show Un Nuevo Amanecer. She performed in this Spanish-language telenovela.
Her next TV show made her a star in Mexico. That Spanish language telenovela Teresa (1989) was very successful there. She had a lead role in this show as Teresa Martínez.
Salma Hayek has worked with Sara Shears, founder of ugifit.com. She worked out with Sara 30 minutes a day from nearly 5 to 7 days per week. Whether Salma was in the hotel, or in her home, or in a shooting location, she never missed any workout session. Sara said –
“Salma is super smart and has so much drive. She always puts all her effort into her workouts and that’s the reason she gets results. I can’t say enough good things about her.”
Her workout session comprised of kickboxing, dancing, ball work, Pilates, strength training. Other than this, she also did cardio and high-intensity interval training to build up muscles. To get that ideal measurement and petite waist, she had really worked hard. See her full workout routine and diet plan.
Salma Hayek Favorite Things
- Food – She (Mexican) loves eating bugs
- Color – Purple, Red, Blue
- Car Color – Silver
- Lipstick Shade – Plum
- Eyeshadow Shades – Browns and aubergine
- Shoe Color – Black
- Director – Angelina Jolie
Salma Hayek Facts
- Salma’s first name is in the Arabic language, which means “Safe” in English.
- She also suffered from dyslexia and was treated at an early age.
- She has an ideal hourglass figure and has measurements of 36-24-36 inches.
- Salma’s beauty rule – Never go to sleep before washing your face. No matter how tired you are.
- She wears mostly Prada or Giorgio Armani.
- She is from a wealthy Mexican family.
- She is good friends with Ashley Judd and Penelope Cruz.
- She was a member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival 2005.
- In July 2007, she was diagnosed with diabetes while she was pregnant.
- Her husband, Francois-Henri Pinault has a son and daughter from his first marriage.
- She has her own production company Ventanarosa.
- She was cast as Elisa Pedrera in the satirical sitcom television series, 30 Rock, from 2009 to 2013.
- Salma Hayek is a godmother to Robert Rodriguez’s children.
- She received the Franca Sozzani Award at the Venice Film Festival in August 2018.
- In 2020, Salma was tested positive for COVID-19 and had spent almost 7 weeks in isolation in a room of her house. She had later recovered from the virus.
- Salma has a pet owl named Kering.
- In November 2021, Salma confirmed during an appearance on Smallzy’s Celebrity Small Talk podcast that she had signed a multi-contract film deal with Marvel.
- In November 2021, Salma received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In February 2023, Salma revealed that the lap dance scene with Channing Tatum in Magic Mike’s Lap Dance nearly killed her as the role was physically challenging.