|Channing Tatum Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1980|
Channing Tatum is an American actor and singer, born in Cullman, Alabama, 50 miles from Birmingham. This handsome and charming actor made his debut with Coach Carter (2005) but rose to fame with his awesome performance as a dancer in Step Up (2006). The actor won “Best Comedic Performance” for 22 Jump Street in 2015 at MTV Movie & TV Awards. Later in 2016, Tatum was voted as “Favorite Movie Actor” at People’s Choice Awards. Tatum was also hailed as the “Sexiest Man Alive” in 2012 by People Magazine.
Channing has also starred in some interesting movies like G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009), Dear John (2010), Magic Mike (2012), The Vow (2012), White House Down (2013), Foxcatcher (2014) and Logan Lucky (2017). Tatum had married Jenna Dewan in July 2009, but the couple got divorced in 2018, after 9 long years of marriage.
Channing Matthew Tatum
Cullman, Alabama, USA
Chan started his schooling at Gaither High School, but then moved to Tampa Catholic High School from where he graduated in 1998. He then joined Glenville State College in Glenville, West Virginia for higher education, but soon became a drop-out.
Actor, Producer, Former Model
- Father – Glenn Tatum (Construction Business)
- Mother – Kay Faust (Airline Worker)
- Siblings – Paige Tatum (Sister), Christopher Anderson (Step-Brother)
- Others – Maiselle (Grandmother)
Management 360, a Talent Management Company, based in Beverly Hills, California manages all his deals.
Drama, Action, Crime (Acting)
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
89 kg or 196 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Eliska Sursova (2004-2005) – An American Actress. Chan’s first lady love. Both shared close relations with each other for almost two years. The couple broke up when Chan met Jenna.
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum (2005-2018) – An American Actress and Dancer. The couple met each other in 2006, on the sets of Step Up. The meetings turned up into dating. Finally, both gave their affair a name by engaging with each other in September 2008 and then through marriage, the very next year. The couple lived happily after that for more than 8 years. The couple has one daughter, Everly Elizabeth Maiselle Tatum (b. May 31, 2013). In April 2018, the duo revealed that they were separating.
- Jessie J (2018-2020) – In October 2018, it was revealed that Channing was dating the English singer, Jessie J for a couple of months. He joined Jessie on her tour at Seattle and Salt Lake City in October 2018 and hence, the news of their dating surfaced. They had actually dated ON and OFF from 2018 to 2020. In October 2020, Jessie had confirmed their separation.
- Zoe Kravitz (2021-Present) – In 2021, Channing was first rumored to be dating actress Zoe Kravitz after they were spotted having lunch together at a Mexican restaurant in Brooklyn, New York. Later, in October 2021, they took their relationship to the next level by confirming that they are a couple.
Race / Ethnicity
He comes from Irish, French, German, and Native American ancestry.
- Muscular build
- Green eyes
Emporio Armani, Abercrombie & Fitch, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Vogue, Nautica, Dolce & Gabbana, American Eagle Outfitters
Best Known For
Chan is best known for his acting roles in Step Up (2006), G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009), Dear John (2010), The Vow (2012), 21 Jump Street (2012) and Magic Mike (2012).
First TV Show
CSI: Miami (2002-2012) – An American police procedural TV Series. He appeared in only one episode, playing the role of Bob Davenport in 2004.
Coach Carter (2005) – An American film based on the life of basketball coach Ken Carter. He played the role of Jason Lyle.
William J. Harris, New York, USA
Channing Tatum Favorite Things
- Favorite Movie – The Goonies
- Favorite Color – Blue, Green
- Favorite Place – His Uncle’s ranch in Wetumpka, Alabama
- Favorite Disney Character – Sentient broom from Fantasia
- Favorite Pizza Toppings – Pepperoni and Cheese
Source – Glamour
Channing Tatum Facts
- Channing Tatum’s promising acting roles are in movies such as She’s the Man (2006), A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (2006), The Fighting (2009) and The Dilemma (2010).
- Chan has ventured into more comedic roles after doing some dramatic performances in his career.
- As a child, Tatum suffered from ADHD and dyslexia.
- Chan worked as a stripper in his early career days.
- Chan grew up in Bayous near the Mississippi River. His family moved to Mississippi when he was 7.
- Tatum appeared in Ricky Martin‘s music video titled She Bangs in 2002.
- Chan used to play football, soccer, track, baseball, and martial arts in his school days.
- Once Chan stated that girls were his biggest distraction in school.
- He practiced Wuzuquan Kung Fu, under the lineage of 10th dan Grandmaster Chee Kim Thong.
- He has spent his teenage years in Tampa, Florida.
- He was awarded Most Athletic on his graduation in 1998.
- Chan attended Glenville State College on a Football Scholarship.
- In 2015, Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan purchased a 4,850 square feet house in Beverly Hills for $6 million. In May 2021, they listed the house for $6 million and sold it for $5.925 million in August 2021.
- In November 2020, Channing Tatum shaved his head after finishing the filming of the film Dog (2021).
- In May 2021, he purchased a 3,300-square-foot house in Brentwood, California for $5.6 million.
- In May 2021, Channing revealed via Instagram that the most exhausting, effective, and suffocating exercise was freestyle wrestling or open ocean water swimming.
- In February 2022, he was featured on the cover of V Magazine‘s VMAN 48.
- In March 2022, it was reported that Channing was planning to launch a live stage show inspired by his film, Step Up, under his production company Free Association in 2023.
- In May 2022, he published his new book titled The One and Only Sparkella Makes A Plan.
- In 2023, Channing was featured on the cover of Vanity Fair’s “February issue”.