|Tom Araya Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|June 6, 1961
Tom Araya is a Chilean-American musician who rose to fame after becoming the lead vocalist and bassist for the thrash metal band named Slayer. He has penned the lyrics for numerous songs including the single titled Eyes of the Insane in his band’s album Christ Illusion (2006) and the song won the Grammy Award. He was placed in the number 58 position on the “100 Greatest Metal Vocalists of All Time” list from Hit Parader in the past.
Tomás Enrique Araya Díaz
Viña del Mar, Chile
He enrolled in a 2-year technical course in the early 1980s to get certified as a respiratory therapist.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Javier Araya
- Mother – Tina Díaz
- Siblings – He has 2 brothers named Juan “Johnny” Araya (Musician) and Cisco and an older sister.
He is represented by Rick Sales.
Vocals, Bass Guitar, Mandolin
- Metal Blade
- Def Jam
- Nuclear Blast
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Sandra Araya (1995-Present) – He tied the knot with Sandra Araya on September 6, 1995. They have a daughter named Ariel Asa Araya (b. May 11, 1996) and a son named Tomas Enrique Araya, Jr. (b. June 14, 1999).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Chilean, Basque, Spanish, and Peruvian descent.
- Long hair and beard
- Tattoos all over his body
Tom Araya Favorite Things
- Film Genre – Horror
- Films – The Amityville Horror, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- Fan Of – Chilean soccer team Everton from his hometown of Viña del Mar, and English team Manchester United
- Influence On His Music – Beatles, Rolling Stones
- Belief – Jesus Christ came and taught us about love and caring, accepting each other for who we are, and we all should try to live peacefully, having true love for one another.
Source – Wikipedia
Tom Araya Facts
- When he was 5 years old, his family moved to Los Angeles in California and he grew up there.
- His older brother Cisco used to play the guitar and that motivated Araya to start learning bass at the age of 8.
- He was working as a respiratory therapist when he joined the band Slayer and he used his earnings to finance the group’s debut album titled Show No Mercy.
- Araya’s interest in serial killers has been the source of his inspiration for several of his lyrics.
- His children have been homeschooled.
- He and his wife have owned and run a family ranch that has kept more than 60 head of cattle along with other ranch animals.
Featured Image by Adam Kliczek / Wikimedia (zatrzymujeczas.pl) / CC BY-SA 3.0 PL