|Meenakshi Seshadri Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1963|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Meenakshi Seshadri is an American film actress and dancer who has predominantly worked in the Hindi language cinema. Other than that, she has acted in a few Telugu and Tamil-language films. She has received critical acclaim for her work in Swati (1986), Dahleez (1986), Satyamev Jayate (1987), Awaargi (1990), and Damini (1993).
Sindri, Bihar (now in Jharkhand), India
Dallas, Texas, United States
Seshadri has trained in 4 Indian classical dance forms, Bharata Natyam, Kuchipudi, Kathak, and Odissi, under the watchful eye of Vempati Chinna Satyam and Jaya Rama Rao.
Film Actress, Dancer
- Mother – Sundari Sheshadri
- Siblings – Shekhar P. Seshadri (Brother) (Psychiatrist, Professor of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in NIMHANS, Bangalore, India)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meenakshi has dated –
- Kumar Sanu (1990) – Meenakshi had briefly been in a relationship with Indian playback singer Kumar Sanu.
- Harish Mysore (1995-Present) – After she tied the knot with investment banker Harish Mysore in 1995, they registered their marriage in New York. Together, the couple has 2 children – a girl and a boy. A few years after their marriage, she decided to retire from acting and relocated to Plano, Texas.
Race / Ethnicity
Meenakshi is of Tamil Brahmin descent.
- Her youthful appearance
- Thin lips
Meenakshi has been featured in commercials for several brands such as Lux and Dabur Sharbat-e-Azam.
Meenakshi Seshadri Facts
- After relocating to Plano, Texas, Seshadri began teaching Bharatanatyam, Kathak, and Odissi. Most of her performances have been dedicated to charity events and fundraisers, one of which included the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) convention in California.
- She is the founder of Cherish Dance School.
- In 1981, Meenakshi won the title of Eve’s Weekly Miss India contest. At the time, Seshadri was only 17 years old at the time. From there, she went on to represent her country at the Miss International 1981 in Tokyo, Japan.
- She made her debut Hindi language film appearance in Painter Babu in 1983.
- In 2006, a documentary was made about her lifestyle titled Meenakshi Accept Her Wings.
- Some of her most-prominent works have been in Hero (1983), Aandhi-Toofan (1985), Meri Jung (1985), Swati (1986), Dilwaala (1986), Dacait (1987), Inaam Dus Hazaar (1987), Parivaar (1987), Shahenshah (1988), Mahaadev (1989), Awaargi (1990), Jurm (1990), Ghayal (1990), Ghar Ho To Aisa (1990), Damini (1993), Duet (1994), and Ghatak (1996).
- She has worked with actor Mithun Chakraborthy in Aandhi Toofan, Main Balwan, Dilwaala, Parivaar, Bees Saal Baad, Pyar Ka Karz, and Shandaar.
- Meenakshi joined the YouTube community with her self-titled channel on May 25, 2021.
Featured Image By Meenakshi Seshadri / Instagram