|Meera Jasmine Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 15, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Meera Jasmine is an Indian actress who has appeared in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada films. She was one of the leading actresses in South Indian cinema during the 2000s. Her outstanding performance in the comic as well as sentimental scenes in the Malayalam blockbuster Kasthooriman (2003), fetched her the Filmfare award for “Best Malayalam Actress”. The same year, she acted in the much-acclaimed movie Padam Onnu Oru Vilapam and was conferred several awards including the Kerala State Film Award, the Asianet Award as well as the National Film Award, for being the “Best Actress”.
Jasmine Mary Joseph
Thiruvalla, Kerala, India
Meera attended Marthoma Residential School in Bala Vihar in Thiruvalla and completed her schooling there. She took her Higher Secondary Exams in March 2000. She started going to Assumption College in Changanassery with Zoology as her subject and she attended the institution for nearly 3 months.
- Father – Joseph
- Mother – Aleyamma
- Siblings – She has 2 sisters named Jiby Sara Joseph and Jeny Susan Joseph who have acted in films. She also has 2 brothers, one of them is named George and he has worked as an assistant cinematographer.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Mandolin Rajesh – In 2008, she had made it public that she would be marrying Mandolin Rajesh in a few years.
- Anil John Titus (2014-2016) – She tied the knot with the Dubai-based engineer Anil John Titus on February 9, 2014. She divorced him in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Expressive eyes
- Sweet smile
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as –
- Joy Alukkas
Meera Jasmine Favorite Things
- Her First Love – Music
- Songs – Soulful numbers made by Ilayaraja, many of which she has known by heart
- Pastime – Listening to soft and melodious music with a walkman always fixed to her ears
- Mentor – Director A.K. Lohithadas
- Grateful To – Lohithadas for being a father figure and her guru and for initiating her into the movies
Meera Jasmine Facts
- When she was in her 1st year of college, she was spotted by director Blessy, who used to work as an assistant director for Lohithadas, and he offered her a part in the film Soothradharan (2001).
- Meera had originally yearned to become a doctor and she had never considered choosing acting as her profession. She has revealed that she was not the artistic type, having never performed in school plays. She used to think she could not dance and she had never even thought that she was good looking.
- Meera’s girl-next-door image helped her to become a household name. The family audience adored the energetic characters she played. Her realistic acting got noticed and people admired her attitude of applying less makeup even on-screen.
Featured Image by ShajiA / Malayalam Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0