Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Mel McLaughlin started her lower level education at the St Andrew’s Primary School in Marayong, Sydney. She got her senior level school education at the John Paul II, which is also known as St Andrew’s College in Western Sydney.
After graduating from high school, she got enrolled in the Sydney University from where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Tara McLaughlin (Older Sister) (Former Police Officer; Died in 2016 due to lung cancer)
Mel has 1 more sister apart from Tara.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mel McLaughlin has dated –
- Mark Bosnich (2009) – Mel McLaughlin was reported to be going out with former soccer star Mark Bosnich in 2009. They were even spotted together at the Football Federation Australia’s award ceremony in June 2009.
- Luke Panic (2010-2014) – Mel started dating audio technician Luke Panic in 2010 after having met through mutual friends. They took their relationship to the next level by getting married in 2012. However, they couldn’t make it work in the longer run as Mel’s work away from home as presenter proved to be a problem. She was spotted in Sochi, Russia at the Winter Olympics without her wedding ring. They officially divorced in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and Australian descent on her father’s side, whereas she has Anglo-Indian ancestry on her mom’s side.
- High forehead
- Hazel eyes
- High cheekbones
37-27-36 in or 94-68.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Mel has done advertisements for Holden automobile company. Holden even used her to front their social cause campaign, Home ground Advantage, which was focused on providing financial support to the grass root sports.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most famous female Australian sports presenters.
- Her infamous interview with West Indies batsman Chris Gayle.
Mel McLaughlin hasn’t appeared in any film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from her presence in sports events, she hasn’t made any appearance in mainstream TV shows.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known. Though, she has a fit figure.
Mel McLaughlin Favorite Things
- Big Bash League 2016 Player – Brisbane Heat captain Chris Lynn
- Car Drive – Vancouver to Calgary through the Rocky Mountains
- Car Drive Music – John Legend, Coldplay, Stevie Wonder, Bob Marley, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, INXS, U2
- Soccer Club – Manchester United
Source – News, Drive, Herald Sun
Mel McLaughlin Facts
- While growing up, Mel was a tomboy and was particularly good in soccer and indoor cricket, and participated in almost all sports in school.
- She became passionate Manchester United fan due to her father who has named family dogs Charlie and Eric after Manchester United legends Sir Bobby Charlton and Eric Cantona.
- While growing up, she wanted to be a veterinary doctor but decided against it when she realized that she would never be able to put a dog down.
- The Australian soccer fans love Mel McLaughlin and Western Sydney Wanderers fans even used to sing chants about her.
- While covering the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, she contracted dengue fever, which was discovered when she returned home after the tournament.
- Her first ever car was red-colored Mitsubishi Mirage, which had personalized Manchester United number plates to go with official club color.
- Her first job after university graduation was as a sports presenter at the Sydney’s Radio 2.
- In 2007, she joined Fox Sports as a reporter and host for soccer coverage in Australia.
- In 2016, she was at the center of huge controversy as Chris Gayle inappropriately flirted with her during a live interview during a BBL match.
- In 2013, she left Fox Sports to join Ten Sports with her first job being to host the KFC Big Bash League along with Adam Gilchrist, Ricky Ponting and Mark Waugh.
- Connect with Mel on Twitter and Instagram.