|Mel McLaughlin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1979|
Mel McLaughlin is an Australian sport presenter, who has hosted several shows including Indian Super League, Big Bash League, Kick Off, Fox Sports FC, and was also a regular on Fox Sports News. She joined Network Ten in 2010 and went on to host Ten‘s coverage of the 2014 Commonwealth Games, 2014 Winter Olympics, and Australian F1 Grand Prix. She later started working for Seven Network in 2016 and hosted the network’s coverage of the 2016 Summer Olympics, Australian Swimming Championships, 2017 Rugby League World Cup, 2018 Commonwealth Games, and 2018 Winter Olympics.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Mel McLaughlin started her lower-level education at St Andrew’s Primary School in Marayong, Sydney. She got her senior-level school education at the John Paul II, which is also known as St Andrew’s College in Western Sydney.
After graduating from high school, she got enrolled in Sydney University from where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science.
- Siblings – Tara McLaughlin (Older Sister) (Former Police Officer; Died in 2016 due to lung cancer)
Mel has 1 more sister apart from Tara.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mel McLaughlin has dated –
- Mark Bosnich (2009) – Mel McLaughlin was reported to be going out with former soccer star Mark Bosnich in 2009. They were even spotted together at the Football Federation Australia’s award ceremony in June 2009.
- Luke Panic (2010-2014) – Mel started dating audio technician Luke Panic in 2010 after having met through mutual friends. They took their relationship to the next level by getting married in 2012. However, they couldn’t make it work in the long run as Mel’s work away from home as presenter proved to be a problem. She was spotted in Sochi, Russia at the Winter Olympics without her wedding ring. They officially divorced in 2014.
- Ashley Westwood – She is currently dating British former footballer Ashley Westwood.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and Australian descent on her father’s side, whereas she has Anglo-Indian ancestry on her mom’s side.
- High forehead
- Hazel eyes
- High cheekbones
37-27-36 in or 94-68.5-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Mel has done advertisements for Holden automobile company. Holden even used her to front their social cause campaign, Home ground Advantage, which was focused on providing financial support to the grass root sports.
She was also appointed as the ambassador for the ‘Go West’ campaign that was aimed at highlighting the rich sports culture of West Sydney and to inspire the new generation to participate more in sports activities.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most famous female Australian sports presenters.
- Her infamous interview with West Indies batsman Chris Gayle.
Mel McLaughlin Favorite Things
- Big Bash League 2016 Player – Brisbane Heat captain Chris Lynn
- Car Drive – Vancouver to Calgary through the Rocky Mountains
- Car Drive Music – John Legend, Coldplay, Stevie Wonder, Bob Marley, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, INXS, U2
- Soccer Club – Manchester United
Mel McLaughlin Facts
- While growing up, Mel was a tomboy and was particularly good in soccer and indoor cricket, and participated in almost all sports in school.
- She became a passionate Manchester United fan due to her father who has named family dogs Charlie and Eric after Manchester United legends Sir Bobby Charlton and Eric Cantona.
- While growing up, she wanted to be a veterinary doctor but decided against it when she realized that she would never be able to put a dog down.
- The Australian soccer fans love Mel McLaughlin and Western Sydney Wanderers fans even used to sing chants about her.
- While covering the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, she contracted dengue fever, which was discovered when she returned home after the tournament.
- Her first ever car was a red-colored Mitsubishi Mirage, which had personalized Manchester United number plates to go with the official club color.
- Her first job after the university graduation was as a sports presenter at Sydney’s Radio 2.
- In 2007, she joined Fox Sports as a reporter and host for soccer coverage in Australia.
- In 2016, she was at the center of huge controversy as Chris Gayle inappropriately flirted with her during a live interview during a BBL match.
- In 2013, she left Fox Sports to join Ten Sports with her first job being to host the KFC Big Bash League along with Adam Gilchrist, Ricky Ponting, and Mark Waugh.