|Melanie Fiona Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 4, 1983|
Melanie Fiona is a Canadian singer and songwriter who had started her career with the Canadian R&B girl group X-Quisite in 2002. The group’s self-titled album (2003) was nominated for a Juno Award in 2004 in the category of ‘R&B/Soul Recording of the Year’. After the group disbanded in 2005, she had become a part of a group called The Renaissance where she used to perform reggae songs. She has also released 2 solo studio albums – The Bridge (June 2009) and The MF Life (March 2012). Both albums had peaked within the ‘Top 5’ of the US R&B music chart. For her work as a featured artist in the 2011 song Fool for You, she had won 2 Grammy Awards – ‘Best Traditional R&B Performance’ and ‘Best R&B Song’.
Melanie Fiona Hallim
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Father – Her father was a janitor before working in finance.
- Mother – Her mother had worked in the banking sector.
- Siblings – She has an older sibling.
- Others – Robert Cotter (Father-in-Law) (Musician), James Reese Europe (Great Grandfather-in-Law) (Musician, the first African-American Jazz Player to Perform at Carnegie Hall, a concert venue in New York City)
R&B, Soul, Reggae
- Roc Nation, LLC
- Universal Motown Records
- Universal Republic Records
- Warner Music Canada
- Title 9
Melanie Fiona’s net worth had been $4 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie has dated –
- Adam Rodriguez (2009-2012)
- Jared Cotter (2013-Present) – Melanie had started dating singer, songwriter, model, and TV host Jared Cotter in 2013. They have a son together named Cameron Lincoln Cotter (b. March 14, 2016) and they got engaged on Valentine’s Day in 2018. They had planned to get married on Amalfi Coast in Italy but the COVID-19 pandemic had forced them to postpone their wedding thrice. They eventually got married in a private ceremony in Los Angeles on December 12, 2020. In July 2021, Melanie had revealed that the couple was expecting their 2nd child together in late December 2021 or early January 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
She is of Afro-Guyanese, Indo-Guyanese, and Portuguese descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde or light/dark brown.
- Curvaceous figure
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
- Plump lips
- Has an ‘arrow’ tattooed on each arm
- Wears a nose ring and nose stud
Melanie Fiona Facts
- Born to musically-inclined parents (her father was a guitarist in a band and her mother used to sing around the house), Melanie was passionate about music from a very early age. She had started writing songs by the time she had turned 16.
- In her early days of struggle, she would often perform at nightclubs in her hometown of Toronto. In 2005, she had moved to Los Angeles in search of a recording contract.
- After the devastating 2010 Haiti earthquake, she had participated in the production of a charity single titled We Are the World 25 for Haiti.
- In January 2012, she had performed the national anthem of Canada at the NHL Winter Classic game between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers.
Featured Image by Melanie Fiona / Instagram