|Vince Staples Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1994|
Vincent Jamal Staples
Compton, California, United States
Orange County, California, United States
From fourth to eighth grade, Vince was enrolled at the Optimal Christian Academy. For six months, he studied at an Atlanta-based high school.
After moving back to Southern California, he studied at the Jordan High School in Long Beach. Over the years, Vince switched many schools in California including Mayfair High School in Lakewood, Esperanza High School in Anaheim, and Kennedy High School.
He also went for homeschooling by enrolling at the Opportunity High School.
- Father – His father was arrested on Christmas eve.
- Mother – Eloise Staples
- Siblings – Vince has 3 older sisters and an older brother.
Vince Staples is managed by Blacksmith.
Blacksmith Records, Def Jam Recordings, ARTium Recordings, A.G.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Gap in front teeth
- Short-trimmed hairdo
Vince Staples has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Beverage brand Sprite (2015 and 2017)
- Denim brand Levi’s
- Fall campaign for designer Alexander Wang along with Skrillex, Big Sean, A$AP Ferg, Tinashe, and Kylie Jenner. (2016)
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with rapper Mac Miller (who has used his production pseudonym Larry Fisherman for the project) for the mixtape, Stolen Youth, which was highly acclaimed by critics.
- Working with popular rappers such as Earl Sweatshirt, Kilo Kish, and Gorillaz.
In June 2015, Vince released his debut studio album, Summertime ’06, which managed to debut at no. 39 on the Billboard 200 charts.
In 2015, Vince made his first theatrical film appearance in a minor role in the dark comedy, Dope.
First TV Show
In 2014, he made his TV show debut on the talk show, GGN: Snoop Dogg’s Double G News Network.
The rapper follows a simple straight-edge lifestyle. He abstains from drinking alcohol and drugs.
Vince Staples Favorite Things
- Songwriters – Portishead, Sam Cooke, André 3000, Depeche Mode, Nena, Scarface, Kanye West, Amy Winehouse, Lil Boosie, and Daft Punk
- Music Artists – Amy Winehouse, Beth Gibbons, and Lauryn Hill
- Video Game – Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Pair of Jeans – Levi’s Vintage Clothing 606
- Gadget – MacBook Pro, Shure MV51 Condenser Microphone, Apple iPad Pro, Bang & Olufsen H8 Noise Cancelling headphones
- Apparel – Champion Hoodies
- Shoes – Converse All-Star 70s sneakers
- Writers – S.E. Hilton, James Joyce
Vince Staples Facts
- The rapper was raised in Long Beach, California due to the high crime rates in Compton.
- While he was studying in high school, his mother sent him to Atlanta to live with his sister as she was concerned about his involvement with the local gangs.
- Vince was involved with local gangs during his teenage years.
- Unlike other rappers, Vince does not own flashy cars and instead uses Uber and public transport to reach his shows.
- Dijon Samo, Chuck Wun, and Campbell Emerson first discovered Vince’s rapping talent.
- He credits Toronto-based music producer Hagler for helping find his sound. At that time, they were working on his single, Blue Suede.
- After his single Norf Norf was severely criticized by an unidentified Christian woman for its nonsensical and crap content, Vince himself stepped up in her defense and said she has every right to voice her opinion.
- Vince Staples is a member of Cutthroat Boyz, a hip-hop band along with Aston Matthews and Joey Fatts.
- In June 2016, Vince announced his collaboration with YMCA program to benefit youth in North Long Beach. As part of the program, 20 Grade 8 and 9 students at Hamilton Middle School were taught 3D printing, graphic design, music production, product design, and filmmaking.
Featured Image via TSE Daniel / The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY 4.0