|Meng Jia Quick Info
|4 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|February 3, 1990
Meng Jia started her show business career in 2007 by signing a contract with JYP Entertainment. However, it took some time for her career to take off. She was eventually made a member of the music band, Miss A, in 2010 and it served as a start of her monumental climb. The band was immensely popular and released several popular songs such as Love Alone, Good Bye Baby, and Only You. She left the band in May 2016 after the expiry of her contract with JYP Entertainment. As a solo singer, Meng Jia has released popular singles such as Free and Mood.
Loudi, Hunan, China
Meng Jia went to the Seoul Institute of the Arts. She has also studied in a school in Beijing.
- Siblings – She is the only child.
Meng Jia is represented by –
- AQ Entertainment (2010–2013)
- JYP Entertainment (2013–2016)
- Banana Culture Music
Dance-Pop, C-Pop, Mandopop, K-Pop, R&B
JYP Entertainment (2010–2016)
Banana Culture Entertainment
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jia has dated –
- Huang Zitao – RUMOR
- Jia has revealed in an interview with All K-pop that while she was a member of the music band, Miss A, she dated a celebrity for about 2 years.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Korean ancestry.
She has often experimented with various vibrant hair colors and highlights.
She often dyes her hair in bright and unique hair colors such as ‘blue’, ‘green’, and ‘pink’.
Meng Jia has appeared in a TV commercial for Adidas Originals.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the former South Korean girl group, Miss A. The band is best known for the popularity of their studio album, Hush, which was highly placed in the music charts. It was even placed on the 4th spot on US K-Pop Billboard chart.
- Being cast in the popular drama shows such as L.U.V Collage and One and a Half Summer
- The popularity of her single, Free, which managed to grab the 3rd spot on the Chinese music chart
In July 2011, her music band, Miss A, released their debut studio album, A Class, which was a commercial success. The most popular song from the album was Bad Girl Good Girl and it managed to reach the very top of 2010 Gaon Yearly Chart.
In April 2017, she released her debut EP, Jia, which was initially given a limited digital release but after noticing the huge demand from her fans, the album was released in a physical format as well.
In 2015, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic movie, The Third Way of Love. She was cast in a supporting role in the movie.
First TV Show
In 2011, Meng Jia made her first TV show appearance in the South Korean series, Dream High.
Meng Jia Facts
- In 2007, she was recruited by the South Korean entertainment giant, JYP Entertainment.
- She was made a member of the project group which was supposed to be the Chinese version of the Wonder Girls ‘Sisters’. However, the group had to disband because of the trainee and member changes in JYP Entertainment.
- In 2010, she was made a member of the newly formed all-girl band, Miss A.
- It was announced in May 2016 that Jia was leaving Miss A and JYP Entertainment.
- In June 2016, she signed a contract deal with Banana Culture Music as she sought to pursue a music career in her native country China.
- She was declared the Breakthrough Female Artist of the Year at the 5th Annual V Chart Awards in April 2017.
- Follow Meng Jia on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Meng Jia / Instagram