|Ding Liren Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ding Liren is a Chinese chess grandmaster who as of May 2023, was the reigning World Chess Champion. On the other hand, he is the highest-rated Chinese chess player in history and also a three-time Chinese Chess Champion.
Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
Ding studied at Wenzhou Zhouyuan Elementary School and completed schooling at Zhejiang Wenzhou High School. Later, he went on to graduate from Peking University Law School.
- Mother – Ye Xiaoping
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has Chinese ancestry.
He sports a short hairstyle.
Ding Liren Facts
- Liren was just four years old when he started learning to play chess.
- He is a three-time Chinese Chess Champion (2009, 2011, 2012) and even represented his country at four Chess Olympiads of which he won a gold medal in 2014 and 2018.
- Ding became the first Chinese player after Wang Yue to break into the top 10 of the FIDE world rankings in August 2015. Later, in September 2017, he became the first Chinese player to qualify for a Candidates Tournament.
- He was one of the finalists at the 2019 Grand Chess Tour finalist alongside Magnus Carlsen, Maxime Vachier-Lagrave, and Levon Aronian.
- The earliest post that Ding uploaded to his Instagram account was on March 3, 2021.
Featured Image By Ding Liren / Instagram