|Charles Parnell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1964|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Charles Parnell is an American actor, voice actor, and stage artist who is known for playing Derek Frye in the television soap opera All My Children, Rear Admiral Solomon “Warlock” Bates in the action drama film Top Gun: Maverick, Cyrus in the crime mystery drama television series Briarpatch, District Attorney Buckner in the HBO dark comedy crime drama series Barry, and CMDCM Russ Jeter, USN in the TNT action-drama series The Last Ship. In addition to that, Charles Parnell has also been cast in a variety of other shows and movies such as Law & Order, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Hack, Mississippi Damned, The Mandalorian, The Venture Bros., Constantine, Without a Trace, CSI: Miami, Crash, Bones, A Million Little Pieces, Lie to Me, Longmire, Pariah, Mind the Gap, NCIS, Spiderhead, Fringe, The Forgotten, The Education of Charlie Banks, North Woods Law, Kindred, Better Things, Grand Crew, Diminished Capacity, and Everyone’s Hero.
Hyde Park, Chicago, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Actor, Stage Artist, Voice Actor
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Charles Parnell was cast in a “Straight Talk Commercial” in 2014.
Charles Parnell Facts
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as John McCabe in the 2004 multi-story comedy-drama film Mind the Gap. His co-stars for the project included Elizabeth Reaser, Eric Schaeffer, Jill Sobule, John Heard, Vera Farmiga, and Alan King.
- Charles Parnell played Assistant District Attorney Worsheck in the 2007 drama film The Education of Charlie Banks, starring Jesse Eisenberg, Jason Ritter, Eva Amurri, Gloria Votsis, and Chris Marquette.
- From 2012 to 2015, he was cast as the narrator of the reality television series North Woods Law.
- Along with Eric Dane, Rhona Mitra, Adam Baldwin, Travis Van Winkle, Marissa Neitling, Christina Elmore, Jocko Sims, John Pyper-Ferguson, Bridget Regan, Bren Foster, and others, Charles Parnell co-starred as Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy Russell “Russ” Jeter (previously served as Nathan James’s senior enlisted sailor and unofficial chaplain) in the post-apocalyptic action-drama television series The Last Ship from 2014 to 2018.
- He was seen as Miles Davis in the 2018 psychological drama film A Million Little Pieces, based on the 2003 semi-fictional book of the same name by James Frey.
- Charles Parnell brought to life the character of RADM Solomon “Warlock” Bates (the commander of the Naval Aviation Warfighting Development Center and an acquaintance of Maverick’s) in the 2022 action drama film Top Gun: Maverick, starring Tom Cruise, Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, Glen Powell, Lewis Pullman, Ed Harris, and Val Kilmer. The film serves as a sequel to the 1986 film Top Gun.
- In 2023, Parnell appeared as District Attorney Buckner (the district attorney for Los Angeles) in the 4th season of the dark comedy crime drama television series Barry.
- He played Achilles in a production of Iphigeneia at Aulis (a play by Euripides translated and adapted by Kenneth Cavander) at the Yale Repertory Theater in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Charles Parnell has done voiceover work for several video games including The Warriors, Manhunt 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto V, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, The Crew, Avengers, and Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Featured Image by Al Pavangkanan / Flickr / CC BY 2.0