|Eric Dane Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1972|
Eric Dane is an American actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Jason Dean in Charmed, Cal Jacobs in Euphoria, Dr. Mark Sloan in Grey’s Anatomy, Sean Jackson in Valentine’s Day, and Jamie Madrox / Multiple Man in X-Men: The Last Stand. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Basket, Feast, Grey Lady, Burlesque, The Wonder Years, Saved by the Bell, Silk Stalkings, Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story, The American Embassy, Wedding Wars, Private Practice, Family Guy, The Last Ship, and many more.
San Francisco, California, United States
From 1987 to 1990, Eric went to Sequoia High School in Redwood City, California.
From 1990 to 1991, Eric attended and graduated from San Mateo High School in San Mateo, California.
- Father – Was an Interior Designer / Architect
- Mother – Leah Dane (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Has a younger brother
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
89 kg or 196 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eric Dane dated –
- Lara Flynn Boyle (2001) – Actors Lara Flynn Boyle and Eric dated each other briefly in 2001.
- Alyssa Milano (2003) – From May 2003 to September 2003, actors Alyssa Milano and Eric were an item.
- Rebecca Gayheart (2003-2018) – In December 2003, actors Rebecca Gayheart and Eric Dane started dating each other. Within 1 year, on October 29, 2004, the couple got married. They had two children together, daughters Billie Beatrice Dane (b. March 3, 2010) and Georgia Geraldine Dane (b. December 28, 2011). In February 2018, Rebecca applied for divorce from Eric after 14 years of marriage.
- Kari Ann Peniche (2007) – In 2007, Eric was RUMORed to have hooked up with actress Kari Ann Peniche.
Race / Ethnicity
Eric has English, Finnish, German, Austrian Jewish, and Russian Jewish ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- Athletic build
- Tattoo on the left shoulder and chest.
Eric has appeared in the Lean Cuisine commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Dr. Mark “McSteamy” Sloan on the ABC’s medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy from 2006 to 2012.
Eric appeared in the 1999 film The Basket for his role as Tom Emery.
First TV Show
In 1991, Eric appeared in the NBC sitcom Saved by the Bell for his role as Tad Pogue in just one episode titled “The Game.”
He goes to the gym regularly. Good body can be achieved if you aim for it, but it would be short-lived. On the contrary, if working out is a part of one’s lifestyle, then good body can be maintained for longer. This is what Eric Dane believes. In his own words –
“Going to the gym and looking for a specific result is a short-lived existence, as opposed to going to the gym and adopting it as a lifestyle.”
Eric eats whatever he wants to have. He actually makes an exceptional omelet and good chicken soup.
He does weight lifting three times a week. He told to Men’s Health that he does not like to sweat.
Eric Dane Facts
- Eric was an athlete in high school.
- He has also played in the varsity water polo team.
- He started developing an interest in acting after appearing in the school play Arthur Miller’s All My Sons.
- Eric is the godfather of Balthazar Getty’s son Cassius.
- Charlie Sheen was introduced to his now ex-wife Brooke Mueller by Eric and Rebecca Gayheart.
- Dane was addicted to painkillers and he checked into an L.A. rehab clinic to fight it in July 2011.
- Eric is a morning person. Eve on his off day, he can’t sleep past 8 o’clock. Though, he wakes up much earlier than that on off days also.
- He likes to cook food, but not everything. Only certain things. But, he is very good at those.
- He once aroused controversy when he appeared in a n*de tape with his wife (Rebecca Gayheart) and actress Kari Ann Peniche.
- In November 2022, Eric was honored with the “Quincy Jones Exceptional Advocacy Award” at a Global Down Syndrome Foundation event.
- He suffered from depression in the past.