|Vera Farmiga Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1973|
Vera Farmiga is an American actress, stage artist, producer, and director who started her professional acting career on stage. She is known for playing Norma Louise Bates in the psychological horror drama series Bates Motel, Alex Cross in the procedural drama series UC: Undercover, Catlin in the fantasy adventure series Roar, and Detective Susan Branca in the crime drama series Touching Evil. Vera Farmiga has also been cast in several movies such as The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, The Conjuring, Annabelle Comes Home, Quid Pro Quo, The Conjuring 2, The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, The Front Runner, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Skin, Return to Paradise, Autumn in New York, Iron Jawed Angels, The Opportunists, Dust, 15 Minutes, Love in the Time of Money, In Transit, The Manchurian Candidate, Mind the Gap, The Many Saints of Newark, At Middleton, Down to the Bone, Neverwas, The Vintner’s Luck, Goats, Running Scared, Breaking and Entering, The Hard Easy, The Departed, Never Forever, Nothing But the Truth, Up in the Air, Henry’s Crime, Closer to the Moon, Burn Your Maps, and Rose Hill.
Vera Ann Farmiga
Clifton, New Jersey, United States
Farmiga attended St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic School in New Jersey. She was part of the Syzokryli (a Ukrainian folk dancing ensemble).
Vera graduated from Hunterdon Central Regional High School in 1991.
After finishing high school, she went to Syracuse University, New York to study Performing Arts. She graduated in 1995.
Actress, Film Director, Producer, Stage Artist
- Father – Michael Farmiga (Retired Computer Systems Analyst)
- Mother – Luba (nee Spas) (Former School Teacher)
- Siblings – Victor (Older Brother), Stephan (Younger Brother), Alexander (Younger Brother), Nadia (Younger Sister), Laryssa (Younger Sister), Taissa (Younger Sister)
- Others – Adriana Farmiga (Cousin) (Visual Artist), Nadia Spas (Maternal Grandmother), Theodor/Teodor Spas (Maternal Grandfather)
Vera has been signed to Authentic Talent and Literary Management, Talent Management Company, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
Her net worth has been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
132 lbs or 60 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vera Farmiga has dated –
- Sebastian Roche (1997–2004) – In 1997, Vera started dating French actor Sebastian Roche and eventually the couple got married. Vera and Sebastian were together till 2004 and then they separated from each other. One year later, they officially divorced.
- Renn Hawkey (2004–Present) –Vera commenced dating the American musician Renn Hawkey in 2004. After 4 years of dating, the couple got married on September 11, 2008. Vera and Renn have 2 children, Fynn (born January 15, 2009) and Gytta Lubov (born November 4, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
Vera Farmiga is of Ukrainian descent.
Specific blue eyes
34-24-36 in or 87-61-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Farmiga has appeared in a TV commercial for Jose Cuervo brand of tequila.
Vera is a non-denominational Christian.
Best Known For
Her role as Alexandra ‘Alex’ Goran in the movie Up in the Air (2009), for which she was nominated for a BAFTA Award, Academy Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Golden Globe Award.
Vera is also known for appearing in the movies Dummy (2002), Down to the Bone (2004), Mind the Gap (2004), The Hard Easy (2006), Joshua (2007), Nothing But the Truth (2008) Orphan (2009), Source Code (2011), Higher Ground (2011), Safe House (2012), The Conjuring (2013), The Judge (2014) and others.
Vera first appeared in the short movie The Butterfly Dance in 1998, playing the role of Diane.
But Farmiga made her first feature movie appearance in the movie Return to the Paradise (1998), playing the role of Kerrie.
First TV Show
Roar (1997) was the name of the TV series in which Vera made her television debut. She played the character of Catlin (lead role) in a total of 11 episodes.
Vera Farmiga Facts
- Vera didn’t speak English until she was 6.
- Her parents Luba and Michael are Ukrainian immigrants.
- Her grandparents met during World War II in one camp for displaced people in Germany.
- Vera’s father was born in Ukraine but raised in Argentina.
- Her father was a professional football player. He needed to play for the National football team of Argentina, but because of his knee problems, he didn’t continue his football career.
- Farmiga and her family moved to Whitehouse Station in New Jersey when she was 12.
- She can play the piano.
- Farmiga participated in one Ukrainian Girl Scouts organization known as Plast.
- She is a big supporter of several organizations including Save the Children and UNICEF, Peace First, and Bead for Life.
- Alongside David Thewlis, Asa Butterfield, Jack Scanlon, Amber Beattie, Rupert Friend, and David Hayman, she co-starred as Elsa (Bruno’s mother) in the 2008 historical drama film The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. This role won her the British Independent Film Award for “Best Performance by an Actress”.
- Vera is good friends with the well-known actor George Clooney.
- She gave birth to her children through Caesarean section.
- She has eyesight problems.