|Meredith Eaton Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1974|
|Spouse||Brian S. Gordon|
Meredith Eaton is an American actress who is best known for portraying the characters of Emily Resnick in the legal drama TV series Family Law (2001–2002), Bethany Horowitz in the legal comedy-drama TV series Boston Legal (2006–2008), and Matilda “Matty” Webber in the action-adventure TV series MacGyver (2017–Present). Other than her acting work, she has worked as a psychotherapist in a psychiatric hospital with criminally insane patients. Meredith has also been a staunch advocate of animal rights and has actively worked with several animal rights organizations.
Meredith Hope Eaton
Merrie, Short-Stature Actress, Little Meghan Markle
Long Island, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Meredith had studied at the George W. Hewlett High School in Hewlett, New York. After her high school graduation, she attended Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York from where she graduated in 1996 with a degree in interdisciplinary studies, minoring in theater. She then joined the Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies at Adelphi University in New York and attained a master’s degree in clinical psychology.
- Her father has worked as an administrative law judge.
- Mother – Diane Eaton (Clinical Social Worker)
- Others – Nina Eaton (Grandmother) (Co-founder of United Cerebral Palsy)
4 ft or 122 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meredith has dated –
- Michael Gilden (1997–2006) – Meredith had started dating fellow dwarf actor Michael Gilden in 1997 and they got married on May 20, 2001. They were together until Michael committed suicide in December 2006.
- Martin Klebba (2007)
- Brian S. Gordon (2007-Present) – Meredith started dating professional photographer and former voiceover actor Brian S. Gordon in 2007 and they got married on October 12, 2008. They have a daughter together.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Stocky frame
- Short stature
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Meredith Eaton Facts
- When she began portraying the character of Emily Resnick in the TV series Family Law (2001–2002), Meredith became the first female dwarf actor to occupy a regular role in an American prime time TV series.
- At Hofstra University, she was actively involved in the Delta Phi Epsilon sorority. In June 2007, the institution honored her by naming her as their ‘Alumnus of the Month’.
- She has often credited her training in clinical psychology at Adelphi University for providing her greater understanding of character dynamics when preparing for acting auditions or when taking up a new role.
- Her acting career began in earnest in 1999 when she attended an open casting call and defeated more than 500 aspirants from Canada, the UK, and the United States, who were all auditioning for the part of Maudey Beasley in the comedy film Unconditional Love. The film was eventually released in 2002 after suffering from production delays.
- Her performance in Unconditional Love was noted by Canadian screenwriter and director/producer Paul Haggis who eventually created the role of Emily Resnick in the legal drama TV series Family Law specifically with Meredith in mind.
- She has also featured as ‘herself’ in the History TV documentary Standing Tall at Auschwitz, and in No Bigger Than a Minute, a documentary on dwarfism.
Featured Image by Meredith Eaton / Instagram