Toronto, Ontario, Canada
She is based in Los Angeles. She also has an apartment in the French capital.
Mia Kirshner went to the Forest Hill Collegiate Institute in Toronto. She later got admission at the Jarvis Collegiate Institute and completed her high school education.
She then got admission at the McGill University in Montreal. She studied 20th-century movie industry and Russian literature in the university.
Actress, writer, and social activist
- Father – Sheldon Kirshner (Journalist and worked with The Canadian Jewish News)
- Mother – Etti Kirshner (Teacher)
- Siblings – Lauren Kirshner (Younger sister) (Writer)
- Others – Her paternal grandparents were holocaust survivors.
Mia Kirshner is represented by Agents Associés – Suzy Vatinet.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Mia Kirshner has dated
- Mike Bender (2001) – In 2001, Mia was reported to be going out with scriptwriter Mike Bender. It was reported that they had grown close while working on the romantic comedy movie, Not Another Teen Movie. Mike had co-written the script of the movie, while she was cast in an important role in the movie. In one of her radio interviews, she had claimed that Mike and she used to hire hookers and then, used to read poems to the hooker.
- Stephen Hopkins (2001) – Mia Kirshner was linked with director and producer Stephen Hopkins in 2001. They were reported to have met on the sets of the first season of the popular TV series 24. Scott had produced and directed several episodes of the show, while Mia was cast in an important negative role.
- Scott Bairstow – Mia is reported to have dated actor Scott Bairstow. They had worked together in the TV series, The L Word and it was while they were starring in the show that they were regularly linked with each other.
- Jennifer Beals – Mia was rumored to have had sexual encounters with actress Jennifer Beals, while they were working together in the cable TV series The L Word. It was claimed that they often used to slip together to New York City for the weekends while shooting for the lesbian-centric TV show.
- Evan Dando – Mia took Lemonheads lead singer Evan Dando as her date to the Oscars in 1995. They were again reported to be dating in 2005 and 2006.
- Grant Bowler (2013) – According to reports, Mia was going out with actor Grant Bowler in 2013. They had grown close while working together in the western drama TV series, Defiance.
- Sam Shepard (2014-2015) – Mia was linked with actor Sam Shepard in 2014 and 2015. Their relationship was quite discussed by the tabloids as Sam is about 30 years older than her. They went grown close while working on the TV show, Bloodlines. They had been spotted out and about on a number of occasions in 2015 in New York City.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Polish Jewish and Bulgarian Jewish ancestry.
- Petite figure
- Gray eyes
Mia Kirshner hasn’t appeared in any TV commercial. However, in 2011, she was made the ambassador of the Monica Rich Kosann’s jewelry collection.
She was raised in a Jewish household but her religious views as an adult aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Jenny Schecter in the drama TV series, The L Word, which focused on the world of a group of lesbians.
- Having played the role of Mandy in the serial drama TV series, 24.
In 1993, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic and crime thriller movie, Love and Human Remains. She was 15 years old when she was signed up for the role.
First TV Show
In 1989, Mia Kirshner made her first TV show appearance in “Loving the Alien” episode of the science fiction TV series, War of the Worlds.
Mia Kirshner relies on running to keep her body in perfect shape. She even doesn’t mind going out for a run late into the night. Also, whenever she indulges in her guilty pleasure, she relies on her running routine to balance it out.
Mia Kirshner Favorite Things
- Acting Performance – Isabelle Huppert in The Piano Teacher
Source – IMDb
Mia Kirshner Facts
- She fell in love with acting while she was studying in school. By the age of 12, her parents had helped her find an agent.
- In 2002, the Maxim magazine had her on the 43rd spot in the list featuring “Hot 100 Women of 2002”.
- She has got letter M tattooed on the back of her neck.
- Apart from English, she is also fluent in French and in fact, she often travels to France.
- As she was underage, she had to get her father to sign a nudity waiver for some of her scenes in her debut movie.
- In October 2008, she published the book I Live Here. She had been working on the production of the book for 7 years and had roped in writers James MacKinnon, Paul Shoebridge and Michael Simons to complete the book, which told life stories of refugee women and children from Burma, Malawi, Juarez, and Chechnya. The proceeds from the sales of her book were given to Amnesty International. The book was also logistically supported by Amnesty.
- Post the success of her book, she was invited at the Center for International Studies at MIT to run “I Live Here” course which ran for the duration of 4 weeks.
- In 2002, the Stuff magazine had her on the 38th spot on the list featuring “102 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- She had been cast in the role of a vampire in two projects – 30 Days of Night: Dark Days (2010) and The Vampire Diaries (2009).
- She had done an audition for a role in crime drama movie, Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead but was unsuccessful.
- In December 2017, she claimed that when she was 19 years old she was offered a film role in exchange for having s*x with disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.
- She also alleged that the former Creative Artists Agency representative had encouraged her to sleep with Weinstein and forget about it.
- Her father was born in a camp for displaced people that were affected by the German Nazi Jews eradication policies.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Mia Kirshner / Instagram