|Michael Bisping Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1979|
Michael Bisping is a British sports analyst, actor, commentator, and former professional mixed martial artist who had competed in the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions of the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) and had held the UFC Middleweight Championship once. He had also won The Ultimate Fighter 3 Light Heavyweight tournament. Apart from UFC, he had competed in several other similar promotions during his career, winning the Cage Rage Light Heavyweight Championship, the Cage Warriors Light Heavyweight Championship, and the FX3FX3 Light Heavyweight Championship once each. He was inducted into the ‘UFC Hall of Fame’ in July 2019. He is well recognized for portraying the character of Nathan McAllister in the TV soap opera Hollyoaks Later (2010) and being the presenter of the documentarian non-scripted auto racing reality TV series Hyperdrive (2019). The same year, he had also published a book titled Quitters Never Win: My Life in UFC.
British Military Base, Nicosia, Cyprus
Anaheim, Orange County, California, United States
Michael had attended St. Augustine’s Roman Catholic High School in Billington, Lancashire, England.
Sports Analyst, Actor, Commentator, Professional Mixed Martial Artist (Retired)
- Father – Jan Konrad Bisping (Former Sniper in the British Army)
- Mother – Kathleen Armkage
- Siblings – Konrad Bisping (Older Brother)
- Others – Andrzej Józef Bobola Bisping (Paternal Grandfather) (Polish Nobleman), Mary Greenwood (Paternal Grandmother)
- Light Heavyweight (2004–2007)
- Middleweight (2008–2017)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Rebecca Bisping (2014-Present) – Michael had married an Australian woman named Rebecca in 2014. They have 3 children together – a daughter named Ellie Bisping and 2 sons named Callum Bisping and Lucas Bisping.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Polish, English, Irish, 1/16th Italian, and distant European Royal descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Has a tattoo on his left arm
- Sports a rugged beard
Michael Bisping Facts
- Michael’s paternal grandfather had fled to England with his family in 1939 after the German invasion of Poland.
- At UFC 78 (2007), he had become the first British fighter to participate in a UFC main event. At UFC 199 (2016), he had become the first British fighter to win a UFC Championship. As of May 2021, he was tied in 4th place for the ‘most number of wins’ in UFC history (20).
- He holds a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and a black belt in Yawara-ryu Jujutsu.
- In both 2008 and 2012, he was honored with the ‘International Fighter of the Year’ award at the World MMA Awards.
- After announcing his retirement from competitive MMA, he has worked as a commentator and TV analyst.
- Starting in 2010, he had also kicked off his acting career and has been featured in movies such as Plastic (2014), xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017), Den of Thieves (2018), and Triple Threat (2019).
- During his UFC career, he had won 7 UFC Bonus Awards – ‘Fight of the Night’ (5 times) and ‘Performance of the Night’ (twice). At the time of his retirement, he had held the record for the ‘most number of fights’ in UFC history (29). The record was later surpassed by Donald Cerrone.
Featured Image by Michael Bisping / Instagram