|Michael Malone Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1971|
Michael Malone is an American basketball coach who as of June 2023, had been working as the head coach for the Denver Nuggets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He had previously coached the Sacramento Kings from 2013 to 2014 and even served as an assistant coach for various well-known teams including New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers, New Orleans Hornets, and Golden State Warriors.
Astoria, Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Denver, Colorado, United States
Michael graduated from Seton Hall Preparatory School. After that, he went on to attend prep school at Worcester Academy in the 1988–1989 school year.
Later, he went on to enroll at Loyola University Maryland, where he played for the Loyola Greyhounds men’s basketball team from 1989 to 1993, and graduated from there with a degree in history in 1994.
- Father – Brendan Thomas Malone (Former Basketball Coach)
- Others – Robert Cole (Father-In-Law), Sally Cole (Mother-In-Law)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Jocelyn Malone (1998-Present) – Michael and former college volleyball player Jocelyn Malone in 1998. Together, the couple has two children named Caitlin and Bridget.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt & Pepper
Sports a stubble bread
Michael Malone Facts
- While attending Loyola, Michael worked as an assistant high school basketball coach at Friends School of Baltimore. Later, upon graduating, he began working as an assistant coach for Golden Grizzlies men’s basketball under coach Greg Kampe at Oakland University.
- During his coaching term under Greg Kampe, he had also been training to become part of the Michigan State Police. However, upon getting an offer for a job from Providence College coach Pete Gillen, he decided to join him instead of coaching the Providence Friars men’s basketball from 1995 to 1998.
- In 1998, Michael started working as the director of men’s basketball administration at the University of Virginia until 1999.
- He moved up to the National Basketball Association in 2001, as a coaching associate with the New York Knicks.
- Michael was hired by Sacramento Kings‘ majority owner Vivek Ranadivé as their new head coach on June 3, 2013. His father was also hired to the same team making him the second father-son duo in NBA history.
- He was announced as the head coach of the Denver Nuggets on June 15, 2015.
- Michael was announced as part of the Serbian national team coaching staff as a consultant for the Olympic Qualifying Tournament in January 2020.
Featured Image By Aleksandar Zigic – Chicago – Serbian American TV / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0