|Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 13, 1992|
Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky is a Swedish professional racing driver who first started her involvement in touring car racing when she had competed in the FIA Women in Motorsport‘s shoot-out event in 2011 and finished as a runner-up. Her performance got her a chance to race in the Volkswagen Scirocco R-Cup Germany where she had competed from 2012 to 2014. In that phase of her career, she had also participated in events such as the Porsche Carrera Cup Scandinavia (2012), the Renault Clio Cup JTCC (2013), RallyX Sweden (2014), and Audi Sport TT Cup (2015), with varying degrees of success. She was invited to compete in the TCR Scandinavia Touring Car Championship (TCR STCC) in 2017 and has become a regular feature in the competition with her best result coming in the 2019 season where she had secured 6th position on the overall leaderboard.
Karlstad, Karlstad Municipality, Värmland County, Värmland, Sweden
Hammarö Municipality, Värmland County, Värmland, Sweden
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Jerry Åhlin (Former Professional Rally Driver)
- Mother – Susanne Kottulinsky (Former Professional Rally Driver)
- Siblings – Fredrik Åhlin (Younger Brother) (Professional Rally Driver)
- Others – Winfried Philippe Adalbert Karl Graf Kottulinsky Freiherr von Kottulin aka Freddy Kottulinsky (Maternal Grandfather) (Former Professional Rally Driver, Winner of 1980 Paris-Dakar Rally) (d. 2010)
19 – TCR Scandinavia Touring Car Championship (TCR STCC)
TCR STCC Teams
Mikaela has raced for –
- PWR Racing – Junior Team (2017)
- SEAT Dealer Team – PWR Racing (2018)
- PWR Racing – SEAT Dealer Team (2019-2020)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mikaela has dated –
- Max Verstappen (2015-2016)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swedish descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
- Has a mole on her chin and one on her right cheek
Mikaela has been sponsored by –
- Red Bull
- Scania Trucks
- VAG Group
- Baustoff Metall
- 360 GFX
- Lecab Karlstad
Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky Facts
- When Mikaela won the Norisring leg of the 2014 season of the Volkswagen Scirocco R-Cup Germany, she became the first female driver in history to win a race in a Volkswagen supported championship.
- When Volkswagen decided to fold the event at the end of the 2014 season, Audi Sport replaced them with the Audi Sport TT Cup. 165 drivers had applied for participating in the 2015 edition of the series and Mikaela was among the 18 drivers selected.
- In the 2018 season of the TCR Scandinavia Touring Car Championship (TCR STCC), her 2nd, she became the first female driver in Swedish touring car history to win a race, when she won the 2nd race at the Karlskoga Motorstadion leg of the season. Her result was canceled later that evening after a protest from rival teams was accepted where they claimed that all cars from her team, PWR Racing, were running with non-regulation exhausts. PWR Racing appealed against the ruling and won the case a month later which meant that Mikaela’s win was reinstated.
- The following season, 2019, she became the first female driver to achieve a pole position in the competition, a feat that she achieved in the opening round of the season.
Featured Image by Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky / Instagram