|Mike Vogel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1979|
Mike Vogel is an American actor and former model who is best known for portraying roles such as Andy in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Eric Richman in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Bobby Ontario in Blue Valentine, Johnny Foote in The Help, Deputy Zack Shelby in Bates Motel, and Dale “Barbie” Barbara in Under the Dome. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Childhood’s End, American Horror Story: Double Feature, The Brave, In My Dreams, Grounded for Life, Miami Medical, Fantasy Island, What’s Your Number?, Jake Squared, Across the Hall, Rumor Has It…, She’s Out of My League, and many more.
Michael James Vogel
Abington Township, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.
Mike went to the William Tennent High School in Warminster, Pennsylvania.
He studied acting at the Lynette Sheldon Actors’ Studio in New York.
- Father – Jim Vogel (Plumber)
- Mother – Kathy Vogel
- Siblings – Daniel Aaron Vogel (Younger Brother) (Filmmaker), Kristin Vogel (Younger Sister)
He is managed by G.E.F. Entertainment, Inc.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike Vogel dated –
- Courtney Vogel (2003-Present) – Mike Vogel and former model Courtney got married in January 2003. The couple has three children. Their daughter Cassy Renee Vogel was born in 2007, son Charlee B. Vogel was born in 2009, and son Gabriel James Vogel was born in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
- Friendly nature
Vogel has done modeling for the fashion label Levi’s.
Best Known For
Some of his best-known movies include The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005), Grind (2003), Poseidon (2006), Cloverfield (2008), Blue Valentine (2010), The Help (2011).
He is also known for his TV roles in Bates Motel (2013) and Under the Dome (2013-2015).
His acting debut was in the 2003 comedy movie Grind as Eric Rivers.
First TV Show
His first television series was Fox’s sitcom Grounded for Life from 2001 to 2004. He played the role as Dean Piramatti.
Mike Vogel hates cardio now as he was into too much cardio in his teenage years due to wrestling. He prefers to play baseball as part of his exercise regime.
Plus, he does different exercises and follows a 4-day lifting routine. It includes chest and triceps for the first day, back and biceps on the second day, shoulders and traps on third day and legs on the last one.
As for his diet, he consumes smaller meals consisting of lean meat and vegetables at regular intervals.
Mike Vogel Favorite Things
- Dish – Trash potatoes
- Music – Country, Rap, Classic Rock, R&B
- Singer – Craig Morgan
- Sport – Baseball
- Book – Wild At Heart by John Eldredge
- Movies – Saving Private Ryan (1998), Braveheart (1995), Kelly’s Heroes (1970)
- Season – Fall / Winter
- Vacation Spot – His Nashville farm
- App – Spotify
- Pastimes – Chopping trees and re-shingling his roof
Source – IMDb, Men’s Health, Mike-Vogel.com
Mike Vogel Facts
- His surname Vogel means a bird in both German and Dutch.
- His paternal and maternal grandfathers fought in World War II.
- Mike got married in the same church as his parents.
- Mike is a licensed pilot.
- He was a wrestler in his teens, so all he did was cardio.
- He was seen in the Too Bad About Your Girl video by The Donnas.
- He traveled often to NYC in the 2000s to audition for acting and modeling roles.
- Mike was the chair of the VA National Salute to Hospitalized Veterans in 2008.
- He was placed at no. 96 in the TV’s Sexiest Men of 2011 list by BuddyTV. Later in 2013, the actor was voted at no. 5 in the same list by Buddy TV.
- He loves animals and has a pug named Olivia and two horses named, Mr. Benjamin Buttons and Mr. Ghost.
- Mike is a left-handed person.