Tuzla, Bosnia & Herzegovina (Former SFR Yugoslavia)
Miralem was educated at the University of Sarajevo from where he majored in Sport and Physical education.
- Father – Fahrudin (Former third division footballer in Yugoslavia)
- Mother – Fatima
- Siblings – Emina (Younger Sister), Mirza (Younger Brother)
Miralem is signed with Dr. Michael Becker.
- 15, 8 – National Team
- 5 – Juventus
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Miralem Pjanić dated –
- Josepha (2002-Present) – Pjanić is in a relationship with a French girl named Josepha. They commenced dating in 2002 and have a son Edin.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wavy hair
- Often keeps medium stubble beard
Pjanić has not signed any endorsement contract yet.
Best Known For
Being an old-fashioned midfielder who has a huge playmaking potential. He is also known for being ranked among the top 100 best footballers in the world by the British national daily newspaper The Guardian for three straight years during 2013, 2014, and 2015.
First Football Match
Pjanić debuted for the French team Metz in a match against Paris Saint-Germain on August 18, 2007.
Miralem played his first official match for Olympique Lyonnais in a loss to Bordeaux. However, he first performed in a league match as a member of Olympique Lyonnais in a 3-0 victory against Toulouse.
On August 20, 2008, Miralem had his national team debut in a match against Bulgaria.
- Long and short shots
- Speed and Quickness
- Aerial duels
If you visit Miralem’s official Instagram profile, you may find a couple of videos of his workouts. The Bosnian superstar does different types of training such as weightlifting for strength and power, explosive conditioning training using weighted sled which he pushes or pulls for explosiveness and speed, and full body stability training using a swiss ball or any other unstable surface which engages and works the core muscles.
We don’t have any detailed workouts of Miralem, and that’s why we would suggest you to check the following videos in which you will find some of the exercises Pjanić includes in his training.
Miralem Pjanić Facts
- His desire for football came from his father who played amateur football in the third division in Yugoslavia.
- Pjanić and his family shifted to Luxembourg right before the Bosnian war (1992-1995).
- Miralem’s football career started with a team called Schifflange 95 at the age of seven.
- Pjanić moved to the French club FC Metz in 2004 after he was suggested by the former Luxembourg international Guy Hellers. He spent around three years in the youth team before he joined the senior squad.
- He won the Championnat National des 16 ans with Metz’s U-16 team during 2005-2006 season.
- For the 2007-2008 season, Miralem was added to the Metz’s amateur squad.
- On November 30, 2007, Pjanić agreed to a three-year contract with Metz.
- After Metz was relegated to the second French league, Miralem became wanted by Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, Internazionale, and Olympique Lyon.
- He speaks Luxembourgish, French, German, Italian, and English fluently.
- On June 6, 2008, Pjanić signed a five-year deal with Olympique Lyonnais.
- On August 31, 2011, an agreement was made between the Bosnian and the Italian team Roma after which he signed a four-year deal worth 11 million euros.
- He was a part of the U-17 national team of Luxembourg in the 2006 European Under-17 Championship.
- After Pjanić appeared in an interview for a Bosnian and Herzegovinian newspaper and said that he only wanted to play for Bosnia and Herzegovina, he was called in to the U-21 team.
- He was not able to play for the senior national team of Bosnia and Herzegovina as he didn’t have a Bosnian passport which he finally got in the initial months of 2008.
- Follow Pjanić on his Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.