|Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 14, 1965|
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is a notorious Pakistani terrorist who was a member of Osama bin Laden‘s terrorist organization, Al-Qaeda. He played a significant role in orchestrating the September 11 attacks and, according to the 9/11 Commission Report, was ‘the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks’. Mohammed has been in military custody at Guantanamo Bay detention camp since 2006 following his capture in 2003.
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
Balochistan, Pakistan or Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
Mohammed completed his high school education in 1983. He moved to the United States and briefly studied at Chowan University in North Carolina before transferring to the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering in 1986.
In 1992, he earned his master’s degree in Islamic Culture and History from Pakistan’s Punjab University through correspondence.
- Father – Shaikh Mohammed Ali Dustin al-Balushi (Deobandi Imam)
- Mother – Halema Mohammed
- Siblings – Zahid Al-Sheikh (Older Brother) (Charity Worker)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has dated –
- He has at least one wife, whom he married in 1993. Furthermore, he has fathered several children, including 2 sons.
Race / Ethnicity
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Facts
- He is fluent in Urdu, English, Arabic, and Balochi languages.
- Prior to his involvement with the terrorist group Al-Qaeda, Mohammed worked as a project engineer for the Qatari Ministry of Electricity and Water.
- He was captured on March 1, 2003, in Rawalpindi, Pakistan through a joint collaboration between Pakistan’s ISI and the United States’ CIA agencies.
- In January 1996, Mohammed was indicted on terrorism charges for his alleged involvement in 1995’s Operation Bojinka, which was eventually foiled. He was placed on the initial list of FBI‘s ’22 Most Wanted Terrorists’ on October 10, 2001.
- He was behind the shocking beheading of The Wall Street Journal journalist, Daniel Pearl in 2002.
- In addition to confessing about his role in masterminding the September 11 attacks, Mohammed has also confessed to his involvement in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, Richard Reid’s attempted shoe bombing, the Bali nightclub bombing, planned assassination attempts on President Bill Clinton, Pervez Musharraf, and Pope John Paul II, among many other crimes. However, since his confession was taken through torture, the true nature of his involvement in these crimes is disputed.
- In November 2014, Khalid Sheikh’s image was used in advertisements for an over-the-counter hair removal cream by a Turkish company.
- The U.S. military commission at Guantanamo Bay detention camp charged Mohammed with war crimes and murder in 2008. If convicted, he could face the death penalty. His trial was initially set for January 11, 2021, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was postponed to 2023. Furthermore, it was reported that the Biden administration was considering a plea deal for Mohammed instead of the death penalty.
Featured Image by U.S. Forces / Wikimedia / Public Domain