|Missi Pyle Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1972|
Missi Pyle is an American actress and singer who has played supporting roles in several films including Galaxy Quest (1999), Big Fish (2003), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), Stormbreaker (2006), The Artist (2011), Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013), Gone Girl (2014), and Captain Fantastic (2016). She has also been a member of the country-rock duo Smith & Pyle with fellow actress Shawnee Smith and they had released their first album titled It’s OK to Be Happy in July 2008.
Andrea Kay Pyle
Missi, Little Missi
Houston, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Missi had graduated, in 1991, from Germantown High School in Germantown, Tennessee. Later that year, she had joined the University of North Carolina School of the Arts (UNCSA) and had graduated from there in 1995 with a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) degree.
- Father – Joseph Franklin ‘Frank’ Pyle
- Mother – Linda Lou Pyle (née Watters)
- Siblings – Debbie Pyle (Older Sister), Julie Pyle (Older Sister), Sam Pyle (Older Brother), Paul Pyle (Older Brother)
- Others – Gordon (Younger Half-Brother), Meredith (Half-Sister)
Country, Southern Rock, Folk, Desert Rock
Urban Prairie Records
6 ft or 183 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Missi has dated –
- Antonio Sacre (2000–2005) – Missi had married author, solo performer, and storyteller Antonio Sacre in May 2000. They got divorced in 2005.
- Josh Meyers (2006-2007)
- Casey Anderson (2007–2012) – Missi got married to filmmaker, wildlife naturalist, and TV host Casey Anderson on September 12, 2008, in a country-western themed wedding in Holland Lake Lodge, Montana. They had first met at that very venue in 2007 during the shooting of the film Pretty Ugly People (2008), wherein Missi had starred and Casey had worked as an animal trainer. Casey’s pet grizzly bear named Brutus, whom he had raised since it was a baby, had served as his best man at the ceremony. The couple had also appeared together in an October 2010 episode of the reality TV series Dog Whisperer that was titled Grizzly Dogs. They had parted ways in 2012 and Missi had confirmed the breakup in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
- Lanky frame
- Shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Missi Pyle Facts
- While at Germantown High School, Missi used to feature in the school’s GHS-TV cable access station and act in plays organized by their Poplar Pike Playhouse Theatre.
- She had been invited to ring the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange on September 29, 2008, to promote her play Boeing-Boeing. However, she had decided to back out at the eleventh hour as the day had ended in a bloodbath with the Dow Jones Industrial Average falling by 778 points, which was the then-largest loss ever in a session.
- She had first met actress Shawnee Smith while they were filming a TV comedy pilot titled Traveling in Packs. While they were once stuck in traffic, Missi had mentioned to Shawnee that she had dreamed of being a rockstar after which the latter had agreed to form a band with her. They had also become business partners and formed a record label titled Urban Prairie Records.
Featured Image by Missi Pyle / Instagram