|Josh Meyers Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1976|
Josh Meyers is an American actor, comedian, and screenwriter, best known for being the writer and performer in the comedy TV show MADtv between 2002 and 2004, where he debuted with his spot-on impressions of well-known actors, musicians, and socialites, such as Owen Wilson, Matthew McConaughey, and Eminem. He left the show in 2004 in order to pursue other projects and later focused his attention on playing the role of Randy Pearson in the series That ’70s Show in 2005 and 2006, which brought him wide recognition.
Josh also appeared in movies College Road Trip (2008) with Martin Lawrence and Raven-Symoné, Brüno (2009), How to Make Love to a Woman (2010) with Krysten Ritter and Ian Somerhalder, Straight A’s (2013), and had the lead role of Adam in Inventing Adam (2013). Josh regularly appeared on television in Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (2009-2011), his brother’s show, Late Night with Seth Meyers (2014-2018), The Awesomes (2013-2015), and Red Oaks (2014-2017). He had a notable career as a Broadway actor, as well as a stand-up comedian at the Hollywood Improv, comedy club Ice House in Pasadena, California, and throughout well-known clubs in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Joshua Dylan Meyers
Bedford, New Hampshire, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Josh attended Manchester High School West in Manchester, New Hampshire, United States.
After graduating, he enrolled in Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, United States, from which he also graduated.
Actor, Comedian, Screenwriter
- Father – Laurence Meyers Jr (Trade Finances)
- Mother – Hilary née Olson Claire (French Teacher)
- Siblings – Seth Meyers (Older Brother) (Actor, TV Host, Comedian, Producer, Writer)
- Others – Lawrence Lashe Meyers (Paternal Grandfather), Barbara Marcheck (Paternal Grandmother), Lawrence Edward Olson (Maternal Grandfather), Adelaide Jeanette Whetham Moses (Maternal Grandmother), Menachem Trakianski (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Rose/Rosa/Rosie Cohen (Paternal Grand-Grandmother), Stanislaus “Stanley” Marcheck (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Anna Maganaw (Paternal Grand-Grandmother), Elmer C. Olson (Maternal Grand-Grandfather), Anna (Maternal Grand-GrandMother), Frederick/Fred Good Whetham (Maternal Grand-Grandfather), Anna Marie Gung Leslie (Maternal Grand-GrandMother)
Josh Meyers is represented by –
- Global Artists Agency (GAA) (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners(Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Danis, Panaro, Nist Talent (DPN) (Talent Agent Voice) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Jackoway Austen Tyerman Wertheimer Mandelbaum Morris Bernstein Trattner & Klein (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Josh Meyers has dated –
- Missi Pyle (2006-2007) – He met the well-known actress Missi Pyle after she got a divorce from her previous husband in 2005, and they were in a relationship that was mostly out of the public’s eye. However, they appeared together at the premiere of the Just My Luck (2006), in which Missi starred in alongside Lindsay Lohan and Chris Pine. It was speculated that they broke up in 2007 because Missi got married to Casey Anderson in September 2008.
- McKenzie Rollins (2015-Present) – Josh’s connection to McKenzie, a 2018 AEC Training Horse Champion, can be traced back to 2015, judging by their social media. They live together with their dogs and were dating as of late March 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Josh Meyers is of Swedish, Ashkenazi-Jewish, Croatian, Czech/Bohemian, English, and German descent.
- Tall, athletic physique
- Long slicked back haircut
- Mustache facial hair
- Defined facial features
Best Known For
- Working as a repertory player on the TV show MADtv (2002-2004)
- Playing the character named Kookus in Brüno (2009)
- His recurring role on That ’70s Show (2005-2006) as Randy Pearson
- Having lead roles in How to Make Love to a Woman (2010), Inventing Adam (2013), and Going to America (2014)
- Being a stand-up comedian based in Los Angeles, California, and appearing in many Broadway stage plays
As a Singer
Josh Meyers made his debut performance by singing a song titled Hey Ya in the 9th episode of the 20th season of MADtv in 2004. In 2015, he joined his brother on the show Late Night with Seth Meyers, along with guests Rita Ora and Connie Britton, and performed a song titled Internationally Known.
Josh Meyers made his first theatrical film appearance with a minor role of 5th ESU Cop in a horror-mystery The Shaft in 2001.
First TV Show
Josh Meyers made his first TV show appearance on the comedy series MADtv in 2002.
Both he and his brother, Seth Meyers, are in great physical shape, and possibly share a similar workout routine. Josh learned from his brother that lack of sleep is detrimental to both physical and mental health, so he tries to get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
And just as his brother, Josh does weight training 2 to 3 times a week, but also a lot of cardio by running, taking a walk or a hike, or riding a bike outside whenever possible. He is no stranger to taking a breather for a while and does enjoy light, flavored beer such as Somersby. Josh also allows himself a cheat meal or two at least 1 to 2 times a week.
Josh Meyers Favorite Things
- Animals – Dog, Horse, Goat
- Interests – Politics, Video Games, Reading
- Video Game – Super Mario Run on Nintendo
- Person – Barack Obama, Kanye West
- Sports – Soccer, Football, Horse Riding
- Soccer Player – Cristiano Ronaldo
- Football Club – Pittsburgh Steelers
Source – Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram
Josh Meyers Facts
- Josh was a big supporter of the causes that seek to improve gun control as well as address and aid with mental health issues in the United States.
- He is a huge dog lover and has shared numerous pictures of his 2 dogs – Pickles and Debbie, as well as his parents’ dog, Albert.
- Early in his career, he performed alongside Jason Sudeikis, his brother, Seth Meyers, and Jordan Peele at the Boom Chicago Theater in Amsterdam, Netherlands, which was the outpost for American improv comedians in Europe.
- His mom, Hilary Meyers, was known under the nickname Madame Meyers in their hometown Belford, New Hampshire, United States.
- His brother, Seth Meyers, took part in the TV show Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. in 2012, and discovered that their grand-grandfather had changed the surname from Trakianski to Meyers in honor of his own father who was named Mejer Trakianski.
- Both he, his mother, and his father appeared in a few episodes of his brother’s show, Late Night with Seth Meyers between 2014 and 2018.
- Josh played Liberace’s lawyer, played by Michael Douglas, son of Kirk Douglas, in Behind the Candelabra (2013), also starring the well-known actor Matt Damon.
- He played the Owen Wilson’s look-alike named Napoleon Dynamite in Date Movie (2006), a spoof of romantic comedies which featured Alyson Hannigan in the lead role, and Carmen Electra in the supporting role.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Josh Meyers / Instagram