|Mita Vashisht Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1967|
Mita Vashisht is an Indian actress who is perhaps well-known for her portrayal of Teeba in Space City Sigma, Devika in Swabhimaan, Trishna in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, and Jethi Maa in Kaala Teeka.
Pune, Maharashtra, India
In 1987, Mita earned her Bachelor’s degree from the National School of Drama. She later completed her post-graduate degree from Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Father – Captain Rajeshwar Dutt Vashisht (Retired Colonel from the Indian Army)
- Mother – Meenakshi Mehta (Teacher, Singer)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mita has dated –
- Mangal Dhillon – She was engaged to actor Mangal Dhillon sometime during the late ’80s. However, the couple decided to part ways.
- Anup Singh – Mita is married to filmmaker Anup Singh.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her eclectic and unusual style of acting
- Thick eyebrows
Mita Vashisht Facts
- She had been a visiting faculty at many design, film, and theatre institutions such as the National Institute of Fashion Technology (Delhi), Film and Television Institute of India (Pune), National School of Drama (Delhi), and the National Institute of Design (Ahmedabad).
- Other than acting, Mita uses theatre techniques to tutor students for fashion design, film direction, and acting.
- She has been a muse of well-known directors Kumar Shahani, Mani Kaul, and Govind Nihalani.
- Mita has written many scripts and short films.
- She was the executive producer for the 2003 documentary-style film Ekti Nadir Naam that was directed by her husband Anup Singh.
- Mita founded the space for arts collaborations research as well as an education-based organization called Mandala in June 2001.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / CC BY 3.0