|Mitch Marner Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 5, 1997|
Mitch Marner is a Canadian professional ice hockey player who plays as the right-winger and an alternate captain for Toronto Maple Leafs. He was selected by the Maple Leafs during the 2015 NHL Entry Draft and was signed to a three-year entry-level contract with the team on July 28, 2015.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
He attended Hill Academy, a private school focused on athletics and is situated in Ontario, Canada. He later went to Blyth Academy.
Professional Ice Hockey Player
- Father – Paul Marner
- Mother – Bonnie Marner
- Siblings – Christopher Marner (Older Brother)
Mitch Marner is represented by the National Hockey League (NHL).
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mitch Marner has dated –
- Steph LaChance
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Canadian descent.
- Greek Nose Type
- Thin Lips
Mitch Marner has endorsed brands such as –
- Red Bull Canada
- Beats By Dre
- Chevrolet Canada
Mitch Marner Favorite Things
- Hockey Club – Toronto Maple Leafs, Chicago Blackhawks, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Ice Hockey Players – Patrick Kane, Sidney Crosby
- Movie – Step Brothers
- TV Show – The Big Bang Theory
- Video Game – Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty series
Source – Wikipedia
Mitch Marner Facts
- Before turning professional, Marner’s minor career started in the Durham Region and the Greater Toronto Hockey League (GTHL). He played in the 2011-12 season with the Vaughan Kings and finished it with a victory that won him a GTHL title.
- At the end of the 2012-13 season, he was invited to join St. Michael’s Buzzers of the Ontario Junior A Hockey League and went on to win a championship with the team.
- Though unsure of his next plan during the minor midget season, Marner was offered a scholarship from the University of Michigan to play for the Wolverines Ice Hockey Team. At the time, he was also being drafted by the London Knights in the first round of the 2013 OHL Priority Selection during which he finished 19th overall.
- He was the 2nd player next to Brad Richards in 2000 to win a Memorial Cup, a Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy, CHL Player of the Year award, a league MVP trophy, and a league playoff MVP trophy all in the same season.
- On October 27, 2016, he scored his first multi-point game and accumulated 3 assists that led the Toronto Maple Leafs to a 4-2 win in a match against Florida Panthers. On November 3, 2016, he led the team to another victory after having 3 points in a match against the Nashville Predators during which he was also tied with James van Riemsdyk as Leafs’ leading scorer.
- He was named the NHL’s “Rookie of the Month” for January 2017 after leading all rookies with a total of 11 assists and 15 points in 13 games. He had set the record for most assists in a season scored by a rookie, which surpassed the previous record that was held for 73 years by Gus Bodnar.
- On December 19, 2017, Marner broke a 15-game goal drought and recorded a four-point game, the first time in his career. He scored 1 goal and 3 assists to help defeat the Carolina Hurricanes 8–1. On February 10, 2018, he scored his first five-point game and became the first Leafs player to record 5 points in a game since Tomáš Kaberle in 2009.
- On September 13, 2019, he signed a six-year contract worth $65.358 million with the Maple Leafs.
Featured Image by Jfvoll / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-4.0