|Sidney Crosby Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1987|
Sidney Crosby is a Canadian professional ice hockey player who as of March 2021, served as the captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League. Crosby is known as “The Next One” and is considered to be one of the greatest players in the history of NHL.
Sid the Kid, The Next One
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Sidney studied at the Astral Drive Junior High School from the age of 12 to 15. Later, he transferred to Shattuck-Saint Mary’s School in Faribault, Minnesota to train with their hockey team.
He then went on to complete his schooling at the Harrison Trimble High School in Moncton, New Brunswick in 2005.
Ice Hockey Player
- Father – Troy Crosby (Goaltender)
- Mother – Trina Forbes
- Siblings – Taylor Crosby (Younger Sister) (Hockey Goaltender)
As a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins, he is represented by Ron Hextall.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
91 kg or 200.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sidney has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish, Irish, English, Acadian/French-Canadian, German, and Swiss-German ancestry.
- He has a scar on his chin.
- Masculine jawline
Over the years, Sidney has endorsed various brands including Reebok, Adidas, Bell, Tim Hortons, and Gatorade.
Sidney Crosby Favorite Things
- Subject In School – History
- Color – Blue
- Singer – Tim McGraw
Source – NHL
Sidney Crosby Facts
- He was born at Grace Maternity Hospital in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Sidney was raised near Cole Harbour alongside his younger sister Taylor.
- His father was a goaltender for the Verdun Junior Canadiens in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and so his younger sister Taylor.
- As a child, Crosby was a huge admirer of former ice hockey player Steve Yzerman and is a fan of the Verdun Junior Canadiens.
- Sidney was only 2 years old when he began playing hockey in his family’s home basement and by the age of 3, he had already begun skating.
- During his schooling years, he was an impeccable student and also considered to be a great role model to his fellow peers.
- He bought his first home in June 2006, on Grand Lake in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Later, in 2010, Sidney bought his 2nd home in Sewickley, Pennsylvania.
- Crosby was only 7 years old when he began to gain media attention and gave his first newspaper interview.
- He started the Sidney Crosby Foundation in 2009, that aids charity that helps children.
- In the year 2010, Sidney signed one of NHL’s highest-paid endorsement deal with the sports brand giant Reebok. It was announced that he would be getting paid $1.4 million per year for the following 5 to 7 years.
- He was presented with the renowned Emmy award for his appearance in There’s No Place Like Home With Sidney Crosby in 2016.
- In 2015, Sidney started the Hockey School in Cole Harbour.
- Despite his busy schedule, Sidney always finds the time to be an active member of the community of Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia.
- Sidney’s gloves and a stick went missing after his Olympic gold medal victory with Canada in 2010. However, his things were found later in March that that year. His stick was tracked on a shipment bound for the International Ice Hockey Federation Hall of Fame in Saint Petersburg, Russia whereas his gloves were located in the hockey bag of Olympic teammate and Boston Bruins center, Patrice Bergeron.
Featured Image By Michael Miller / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0