|Momina Mustehsan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Momina Mustehsan is a Pakistani singer and social activist who first came into recognition in her native country after writing and co-singing in the single Pee Jaun. She shot to overnight fame after featuring in an episode of the popular musical show Coke Studio, where she performed a rendition of the iconic song Afreen Afreen with Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. The song witnessed over 2.5 million hits within a day and has garnered more than 300 million views on YouTube so far, making her one of the most sought after celebrities in Pakistan.
Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan
Momina splits her time between Islamabad, Punjab, Pakistan and New York City, New York, United States.
Momina completed her A-Level from The City School in Pakistan before moving to the United States for higher studies. In 2016, she graduated with a double majors degree in Biomedical Engineering and Applied Mathematics from Stony Brook University in New York.
Singer, Songwriter, Social Activist
- Father – Kazim Mustehsan (Retired Army Officer)
- Mother – Huma Mustehsan (Doctor)
- Siblings – Hashim Mustehsan (Older Brother) (Doctor), Haider Mustehsan (Younger Brother) (Musician, Former Diplomat)
She is represented by The One Lotus Agency, Lahore, Pakistan.
Pop, Rock, Classical
Vocals, Guitar, Violin
- Universal Music Group
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Momina has dated –
- Ali Naqvi (2016–2017) – They got engaged in September 2016 but broke up in early 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Pakistani descent.
- Long, straight hair
- Dimpled smile
- Slender frame
- Soft, yet powerful voice
Momina has served as the brand ambassador for –
- Islamabad United (cricket team)
Momina has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
Momina Mustehsan Favorite Things
- Subject – Mathematics
- Singers – Ricky Martin, Justin Bieber
- Pets – Cats
- Actress – Alia Bhatt
- Music Composer – Amit Trivedi
- Movie – Home Alone (1990)
Source – The Hindustan Times, Mangobaaz, Brand Synario, Scoop Whoop, The News
Momina Mustehsan Facts
- Momina’s first professional recording was for a song named Sajna, which was a bonus track in the iconic Pakistani band Junoon’s 2011 album Junoon 20.
- She had recorded a song titled Awari in 2014 for the Pakistani band, Soch. However, she was not informed that it would be used in the Bollywood film Ek Villain.
- In 2017, she released an anthem for the Pakistani franchise cricket team Islamabad United titled ‘Cricket Jodey Pakistan’ (Cricket Unites Pakistan), which was criticized for its over-reliance on auto-tune.
- In 2017, she performed 3 songs for the Coke Studio – the Qaumi Tarana (national anthem of Pakistan), Muntazir, and Ghoom Taana, which received mixed reviews from critics.
- Momina’s first original single titled Aaya Na Tu was released in 2018 and trended at number 5 within 24 hours of its launch.
- She supports numerous charitable organizations in Pakistan that work for mental illness, depression, and the welfare of women. She has also spoken publicly about her personal struggles with depression.
- In an interview, Momina informed that she had donated all her earnings from 2016 to help build water-wells in the drought-affected regions of the Sindh province in Pakistan. She has also worked to plan and implement a distance-education program for children suffering from Polio in rural Pakistan.
- Momina is a member of UN Women Pakistan and in 2017, was a part of their Beat Me campaign that tried to tackle the country’s long-running history of domestic violence. She also supports the non-profit educational organization, Taleem Do.
- In 2017, she was named by BBC in its list of “100 Most Influential Women”. The next year, Forbes named her in its “30 Under 30” Asia list.
Featured Image by Momina Mustehsan / Instagram