|Muggsy Bogues Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1965|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Muggsy Bogues is an American retired professional basketball player and basketball coach who is perhaps well known to be the shortest player in the history of basketball at just 160 cm tall. Besides that, he also earned a lot of attention during the 10 seasons that he played for the Charlotte Hornets.
Tyrone Curtis Bogues
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
He attended Dunbar High School in Baltimore where he learned to play basketball under the careful guidance of former’s men’s college basketball player Bob Wade.
Muggsy also attended Wake Forest University, where he played basketball for 4 years.
Former Basketball Player, Basketball Coach
- Father – Richard Bogues
- Mother – Elaine Bogues
- Siblings – Sherron Bogues (Sister), Anthony Bogues (Brother), Chukie Bogues (Older Brother)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Muggsy’s name has been linked to –
- Kim Bogues – The couple got married to one another in 1989. Later, they had a daughter named Brittney Bogues and a son named Tyrone Jr. Bogues.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- Shortest professional basketball player
- Sports a cropped hairstyle
Muggsy has appeared in the commercials for various brands such as –
- NBA 2K15
- NBA TV
Muggsy Bogues Facts
- He was brought up alongside his sister and 2 brothers in the Lafayette Court housing projects.
- His mother Elaine had raised her children single-handedly as his father was in prison.
- Muggsy and fellow professional basketball player David Wingate, Reggie Williams, and Reggie Lewis played on the same team in school. Williams and Lewis were in the same graduating class a Muggsy, whereas, David was 1 year behind them.
- At the 1986 FIBA World Championship, Muggsy played for the USA National Team and contributed to the team’s gold medal finish.
- At the 1987 NBA draft, he was drafted at 12th place overall by the Washington Bullets. His teammate Manute Bol was the tallest player in NBA at the time. Muggsy and Manute had a height difference of 71 cms. It is said that they were even featured together on the cover of at least 3 magazines.
- Muggsy was cast as himself in the comedy basketball animated film Space Jam alongside professional basketball player Michael Jordan and the hit animated character Bugs Bunny.
- In 1994, writer David Levine published an autobiography on Muggsy which was titled In the Land of Giants: My Life in Basketball.
- According to sources, during his active basketball career, Muggsy could jump as high as 110 cm. Also, he once blocked retired Hall of Fame basketball player Patrick Ewing’s shot who stood 7 ft tall.
- Muggsy could not dunk with one hand due to its small circumference.
- He once saved his brother Chukie from diving into drug addiction.
- After he called for his retirement, Muggsy dabbled in real estate until August 3, 2005. Later, he went on to coach the Charlotte Sting women’s basketball team.
- In the year 2011, he was appointed as head coach for the United Faith Christian Academy.
- He was announced as the face of the Charlotte Hornets on March 18, 2014.
Featured Image By Muggsy Bogues / Instagram