|Nadiya Hussain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1984|
Nadiya Hussain is a British TV chef, author, and TV presenter who had become a household name in the United Kingdom in 2015 when she had won the 6th series of the competitive cooking-based reality TV show The Great British Bake Off. After the win, she had hosted a documentary titled The Chronicles of Nadiya and the TV cookery series Nadiya’s British Food Adventure and Nadiya’s Family Favourites. She has also co-presented the reality TV show The Big Family Cooking Showdown. She was appointed a ‘Member of the Order of the British Empire’ (MBE) in the 2020 New Year Honours for her services.
Nadiya Jamir Begum
Luton, Bedfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
Nadiya had attended the Beech Hill Primary School; the Challney High School for Girls, and the Luton Sixth Form College, all located in her hometown of Luton.
She had later pursued a degree in childhood and youth studies from The Open University (OU), a public research university and the largest university in the UK for undergraduate education.
TV Chef, Author, TV Presenter
- Father – Jamir Ali (Chef, Restaurant Owner)
- Mother – Asma Begum
- Siblings – She has 3 sisters and 2 brothers.
She is represented by Anne Kibel, Manager and Booking Agent, AKA Management, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nadiya has dated –
- Abdal Hussain (2005-Present) – Nadiya had married an IT specialist named Abdal Hussain in 2005 when she was barely 20 years old. It was an arranged marriage and she had met him just once before the wedding ceremony. In December 2018, they had married each other again. They have 3 children together – 2 sons named Musa Hussain and Dawud Hussain, and a daughter named Maryam Hussain.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Bangladeshi descent.
- Slender frame
- Radiant face
Nadiya Hussain Facts
- She had started wearing a hijab from the age of 14 which was less due to religious compulsion and more due to the fact that her father used to cut her hair at that time and she was embarrassed by the shabby nature of her hair.
- During her teenage years, she was diagnosed with panic disorder and had undergone cognitive behavioral therapy. She had described her mental health issues in great detail in her book titled My Monster and Me.
- Her father, a chef, was her first inspiration in the culinary world but she had mostly taught herself using recipe books after learning basic cooking skills in school.
- At the time of her participation in The Great British Bake Off, she was living in Leeds with her husband and children. After winning the competition, she had moved to a place nearer to London so that she could pursue a culinary career and a potential job as a TV host.
- She was invited to bake a cake for the 90th birthday celebrations of Elizabeth II, the Queen of England. For the occasion, she had baked an orange drizzle cake with orange curd and orange buttercream.
Featured Image by Nadiya Hussain / Instagram