|Nanako Matsushima Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1973|
Nanako Matsushima is a Japanese actress and model who gained global recognition for her lead role in the horror movie Ring (1998). She went on to star in various other films including The Great Yokai War: Guardians (2021). Nanako has appeared in a number of TV shows such as one of the highest-rated Japanese programs of all time Kaseifu no Mita (2011), in which she portrayed Mita the housekeeper. Matsushima is the recipient of many accolades like the 62nd Japan Television Drama Academy Awards in 2009 for “Best Actress”.
Queen Bee of J-dorama (Japanese TV Drama)
Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
She has been represented by Seventh Avenue.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Takashi Sorimachi (2001-Present) – On February 21, 2001, she tied the knot with actor Takashi Sorimachi. They have 2 daughters together, born on May 31, 2004, and November 30, 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Mole beside her left eye
- Shapely lips
She has appeared in a number of commercials, like those for the video game New Super Mario Bros and the label Kirin Green Tea. She has also endorsed or promoted several brands such as Uber Eats.
Nanako Matsushima Favorite Things
- Food – Green salad, Pickled egg
Source – Instagram
Nanako Matsushima Facts
- She had started to work as a swimsuit model soon after getting discovered in high school.
- Her film Ring had ignited a boom in the horror genre, and her part in it was later reprised by Naomi Watts in a Hollywood remake.
- Nanako has revealed that she has related to her character in Fuji TV’s program Natsuko Kira, where she has played a 42-year-old working mother with a 3-year-old son who to tries to juggle family and career. She has pointed out that the scenes where Natasuko has left her child to go to work, feeling torn and guilty inside but trying to smile when saying goodbye, have been exactly like her own experience in real life. She has not even consciously tried to act in such clips, as it has come naturally to her.
- Nanako has mostly appeared barefoot in commercials.
- Matsushima took a break from acting in order to accompany her oldest daughter in her mission to study in the UK. She has stated that the education and welfare of her children is of utmost importance to her as well as her husband. Matsushima has added that she has believed that English conversation is important and learning it would expand the world.
- She has been very short-sighted and has worn contacts.
- She has relished painting with watercolors, doing calligraphy and playing the piano.
Featured Image by Nanako Matsushima / Instagram