Naomi Ellen Watts
Queen of Remakes
Shoreham, Kent, England
Naomi Watts attended Ysgol Gyfun Llangefni, a Welsh language school. Afterwards, she went Mosman High School and North Sydney Girls High School but was not able to graduate from school. So, she engaged herself into different works such as working as a papergirl, a negative cutter, etc.
- Father – Peter Watts (English road manager and sound engineer who also worked with English rock band Pink Floyd)
- Mother – Myfanwy Edwards (Welsh antiques dealer and costume and set designer)
- Siblings – Ben Watts (Elder Brother)
- Others – Alexander Schreiber (Son), Samuel Schreiber (Son)
She is signed with these agencies –
- Markham, Froggatt & Irwin
- Untitled Entertainment
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.6 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
The list is as follows –
- Stephen Hopkins (1999-2001) – Jamaican director and producer, Stephen Hopkins had a relationship with Watts in late 1990s and early 2000s.
- Heath Ledger (2002-2004) – From August 2002 to May 2004, she was in a dating relationship with Australian actor, Heath Ledger. She first met him during the filming of 2003 film “Ned Kelly”.
- Liev Schreiber (2005-2016) – Naomi Watts started dating Liev during the spring of 2005. According to a source, the duo first met in a Costume Ball in Manhattan. They engaged in 2007, which she confirmed during an interview in January 2009. They have 2 kids – both son, viz. Alexander “Sasha” Pete (b. July 2007 in Los Angeles), and Samuel “Sammy” Kai (b. December 2008 in NYC). She also wanted to have a girl (third child), but before that, they called it quits in September 2016.
- Billy Crudup (2017-Present) – In July 2017, Naomi started dating actor Billy Crudup. They made their relationship public in April 2018 when they went to New York Academy of Art Tribeca Ball as a couple.
Race / Ethnicity
- The front two teeth
- Often plays roles in the remake of the films
- Plays characters often that involves suffering/ loss
34-25-34 in or 86-63.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Audi, European brand ambassador for Astalift (a.k.a Fuji Film Anti-ageing skincare)
While filming The Painted Veil, a 2006 Chinese-American drama film, she gained some interest in Buddhism religion and also thought of converting to the same. She said –
“I have some belief but I am not a strict Buddhist or anything yet”
Best Known For
Her talented, down-to-earth and sophisticated nature and also for her roles in movies like Mulholland Drive (2001), 21 Grams (2003), The Ring (2002), King Kong (2005), The Impossible (2012).
1986 Australian film, For Love Alone for her role as Leo’s Girlfriend. The film had a budget of AUS $3.8 million and grossed a total of AUS $193,000 in Australia.
First TV Show
In 1990, she appeared in two of the episodes titled “Eternal Quadrangle” and “Bulk Bill Dill”, in an Australian sitcom show, Hey Dad..! for her role as Belinda Lawrence.
Naomi Watts attains her favorite shape by keeping a balance between the diets and workouts. Her diet is divided in the ratio 40% carbs, 30% fats and 30% proteins.
Daniel Loigerot is a certified Pilates instructor who helps Watts to remain in shape. She also practices Transcendental Meditation technique (aka TM), which is a form of meditation done two times in a day in a seated position with eyes closed. See her full workout routine and diet plan.
Naomi Watts Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Baked Beans
- Favorite Bands – Coldplay, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Fiona Apple, Björk, Cat Stevens
- Favorite Movies – Don’t Look Now (1973)
Naomi Watts Facts
- She is a British-Australian actress.
- Watts started her career from Australian movie For Love Alone (1986).
- She has a dog of Yorkshire Terrier breed, named Bob.
- Her parents separated when Naomi was four years old, but her parents reconciled later.
- His father died in 1976 due to a heroin overdose.
- She was born in UK, moved to Wales for a short time and finally went to Australia.
- In 2006, to raise the awareness against AIDS and its problems, she was made the goodwill ambassador for Joint United Nations Programme.
- Watts is good friends with Nicole Kidman.
- Her father has worked with Pink Floyd. His laughter can be listened in two of the tracks Speak to Me” and “Brain Damage from the band’s debut album.
- She was also mentioned in People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People list in 2002.