|Naomi Watts Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1968|
Naomi Watts is an English actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Rachel Keller in The Ring, Ann Darrow in King Kong, and Cristina Peck in 21 Grams. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Custodian, Tank Girl, Under the Lighthouse Dancing, Strange Planet, Plots with a View, The Assassination of Richard Nixon, Stay, Inland Empire, You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, The Impossible, The Divergent Series: Insurgent, The Glass Castle, The Desperate Hour, The Hunt for the Unicorn Killer, Sesame Street, Twin Peaks, The Watcher, and Bloodmoon. For her acting skills, Naomi has won numerous awards such as the Screen Actors Guild Award, Australian Film Institute Award, Critics’ Choice Award, and Saturn Award.
Naomi Ellen Watts
Queen of Remakes
Shoreham, Kent, England
Naomi Watts attended Ysgol Gyfun Llangefni, a Welsh language school. Afterward, she went to Mosman High School and North Sydney Girls High School but was not able to graduate from school. So, she engaged herself in different works such as working as a papergirl, a negative cutter, etc.
- Father – Peter Watts (English road manager and sound engineer who also worked with English rock band Pink Floyd)
- Mother – Myfanwy Edwards (Welsh antiques dealer and costume and set designer)
- Siblings – Ben Watts (Elder Brother)
- Others – Alexander Schreiber (Son), Samuel Schreiber (Son)
She is signed with these agencies –
- Markham, Froggatt & Irwin
- Untitled Entertainment
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.6 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
The list is as follows –
- Stephen Hopkins (1999-2001) – Jamaican director and producer, Stephen Hopkins had a relationship with Watts in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
- Heath Ledger (2002-2004) – From August 2002 to May 2004, she was in a dating relationship with Australian actor, Heath Ledger. She first met him during the filming of the 2003 film “Ned Kelly”.
- Liev Schreiber (2005-2016) – Naomi Watts started dating Liev during the spring of 2005. According to a source, the duo first met in a Costume Ball in Manhattan. They engaged in 2007, which she confirmed during an interview in January 2009. They have 2 kids – both sons, viz. Alexander “Sasha” Pete (b. July 2007 in Los Angeles), and Samuel “Sammy” Kai (b. December 2008 in NYC). She also wanted to have a girl (third child), but before that, they called it quits in September 2016.
- Billy Crudup (2017-Present) – In July 2017, Naomi started dating actor Billy Crudup. They made their relationship public in April 2018 when they went to the New York Academy of Art Tribeca Ball as a couple. They got married in June 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
- The front two teeth
- Often plays roles in the remake of the films
- Plays characters often that involves suffering/ loss
34-25-34 in or 86-63.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
- Audi, European brand ambassador for Astalift (a.k.a Fuji Film Anti-ageing skincare)
- She has endorsed brands such as David Yurman, Pantene, L’Oréal, and Fendi.
- In 2008, she was made the ambassador for Thierry Mugler‘s Angel fragrance.
While filming The Painted Veil, a 2006 Chinese-American drama film, she gained some interest in Buddhism religion and also thought of converting to the same. She said –
“I have some belief but I am not a strict Buddhist or anything yet”
Best Known For
Her talented, down-to-earth, and sophisticated nature and also for her roles in movies like Mulholland Drive (2001), 21 Grams (2003), The Ring (2002), King Kong (2005), The Impossible (2012).
1986 Australian film, For Love Alone for her role as Leo’s Girlfriend. The film had a budget of AUS $3.8 million and grossed a total of AUS $193,000 in Australia.
First TV Show
In 1990, she appeared in two of the episodes titled “Eternal Quadrangle” and “Bulk Bill Dill”, in an Australian sitcom show, Hey Dad..! for her role as Belinda Lawrence.
Naomi Watts attains her favorite shape by keeping a balance between the diets and workouts. Her diet is divided into the ratio 40% carbs, 30% fats, and 30% proteins.
Daniel Loigerot is a certified Pilates instructor who helps Watts to remain in shape. She also practices the Transcendental Meditation technique (aka TM), which is a form of meditation done two times a day in a seated position with eyes closed. See her full workout routine and diet plan.
Naomi Watts Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Baked Beans
- Favorite Bands – Coldplay, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Fiona Apple, Björk, Cat Stevens
- Favorite Movies – Don’t Look Now (1973)
Naomi Watts Facts
- She is a British-Australian actress.
- Watts started her career from the Australian movie For Love Alone (1986).
- She has a dog of Yorkshire Terrier breed, named Bob.
- Her parents separated when Naomi was four years old, but her parents reconciled later.
- His father died in 1976 due to a heroin overdose.
- She was born in the UK, moved to Wales for a short time, and finally went to Australia.
- In 2006, to raise awareness against AIDS and its problems, she was made the goodwill ambassador for Joint United Nations Programme.
- Watts is good friends with Nicole Kidman.
- Her father has worked with Pink Floyd. His laughter can be listened to in two of the tracks Speak to Me” and “Brain Damage from the band’s debut album.
- In 2016, Naomi became the honorary president of the football club, Glantraeth F.C.
- In 2016, she founded her skincare company, Onda Beauty.
- She was also mentioned in People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People list in 2002.
- If a biopic is made on her life, she would want Saoirse Ronan to play her role in the movie.