|Nancy McKeon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1966|
Nancy McKeon is an American actress and producer who is mainly known for playing the role of Jo Polniaczek on the long-running 1980s sitcom, The Facts of Life. She has appeared in several other TV shows like The Division, Can’t Hurry Love, Style & Substance, and Sonny with a Chance. Aside from her acting career, Nancy has also provided the voices for a few popular animated characters such as the voice of Scruffy. Nancy and her brother have appeared on more than 65 commercials.
Nancy Justine McKeon
Westbury, New York, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Nancy attended Bellarmine-Jefferson High School in Burbank, California, United States.
- Father – Don McKeon
- Mother – Barbara McKeon
- Siblings – Philip McKeon (Older Brother) (Actor)
She is represented by Vanguard Management Group (Artist Management Company), Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nancy has dated –
- Michael J. Fox (1982-1985) – Nancy and Canadian actor Michael J. Fox starting dating in 1982. They were co-stars in TV movie High School U.S.A. After dating for almost 3 years, they broke up in 1985.
- Michael Damian (1987-1989) – She started dating her The Facts of Life co-star Michael Damian in 1987. They were in a relationship for 2 years before separating in 1989.
- Luc Robitaille (1990-1991) – McKeon and Canadian ice hockey player Luc Robitaille were in a romantic relationship from 1990 to 1991. Rumors are that they were engaged and living together at one point. However, their relationship didn’t last more than 1 year as the couple broke up in 1991.
- Mark Holmes – She had a fling with Platinum Blonde lead singer Mark Holmes in the past.
- Marc Andrus (1993-Present) – Nancy started dating an actor and show presenter, Marc Andrus in the year 1993. After dating for 10 years, they eventually got married on June 8, 2003. The couple has 2 daughters together named Aurora (b. March 6, 2004) and Harlow Andrus (b. December 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘black’.
Lush green eyes
She has appeared in the following TV commercials –
- Hallmark (1980)
- Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles Cereal (In 1970’s)
- Hellmann’s Big H Sauce (1979)
Nancy is a devoted believer and practices the Christian religion in the Roman Catholic foundational church.
Best Known For
Playing the role of Jo Polniaczek on the NBC sitcom The Facts of Life and also for playing the character of Inspector Jinny Exstead on the American drama series The Division
She made her theatrical film debut as Vikki in the crime drama thriller film Where the Day Takes You in 1992.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Vikki Mayer on the action crime drama series Starsky and Hutch in 1977.
Nancy McKeon Facts
- McKeon started acting at the age of 2.
- In 1990, Nancy was cast in the lead role in the TV series Working Girl, but she left the show before the production started. Then, the role went to Sandra Bullock.
- McKeon has practiced a form of martial arts.
- In 1994, she was considered for the part of Monica Geller on Friends, but she was replaced by Courteney Cox. She also gave an audition for the role.
- She gave birth to her 2nd child at the age of 40.
- Nancy was scouted by casting director for The Facts of Life after watching her outstanding performance in a Hallmark greeting cards advertisement, in which she was capable to cry on cue.
- She relocated with her family to Los Angeles, California after her brother Philip got the role of Tommy Hyatt on the TV series Alice with Linda Lavin.
- Nancy has also contributed her voice to several ABC Weekend Special cartoon characters, such as the voice for Scruffy.
- At the time she was doing The Facts of Life, Nancy and her family were given an honor to be a private audience with Pope John Paul II.
- She doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image by Nancy McKeon / Instagram