|Nastia Liukin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1989|
Nastia Liukin is a Russian-born American former artistic gymnast who is the 2008 Olympic All-Around champion, a 5-time Olympic medalist, the 2005 and 2007 world champion on the balance beam, and the 2005 world champion on the uneven bars. She represented the United States at 3 World Championships and 1 Olympic Games before retiring from the sport in 2012.
Anastasia Valeryevna Liukin
- Owns a home in Plano (Texas), Boston (Massachusetts), and purchased a house with Matt Lombardi at an undisclosed location.
- Frequently travels back and forth between Los Angeles, Boston, and her hometown in Texas.
Russian and American
Nastia completed her high school education in the spring of 2007 studying at Spring Creek Academy, a private college prep school in Plano, Texas.
She briefly enrolled as an International Business major at South Methodist University in 2008 but her commitment to gymnastics for the Olympics 2008 and thereafter, made her drop out in 2009.
After retiring from her sport in 2012, she enrolled in New York University in January 2013 for a degree in Sports Management and Psychology and graduated in 2016.
Olympic Gold medalist, Sports Commentator and Analyst, Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker
- Father – Valeri Liukin (Olympic gold medalist 1988, Gymnastics Academy owner)
- Mother – Anna Kotchneva (Former Gymnast, World Rhythmic Gymnastics Champion 1987)
- Siblings – None
She has been signed with these agencies –
- Shade Global, New York
- Sarah Boyd, Simply Inc (Publicist)
Her net worth has been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nastia has dated –
- Evan Lysacek (2009) – Nastia met figure skater, Evan Lysacek at Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular event organized by the NBC network in October 2008. The two bonded over their mutual understanding of the commitment required to battle the intense pressure in preparation for the Olympics. Dating rumors heated up when they arrived together for the 17th ESPY awards in Los Angeles in July 2009. Nastia also accompanied Evan to the 2010 Winter Olympics where he became the first American man to win the Olympic gold medal for figure skating in 22 years. Soon after his victory, he claimed to be single during an interview clarifying that his rigorous training left him little time for dating which put any further speculation about Nastia and Evan’s relationship to rest.
- Matt Lombardi (2013–2018) – Matt graduated from Boston College with a degree in marketing and played professional hockey in the minor league for 2 years. Nastia announced her engagement to him on her official Twitter and Instagram accounts in June 2015. The couple was living together in Boston until Dancing with the Stars season 20 took Nastia to Los Angeles for a considerable period of time. They were supposed to get married in Newport, Rhode Island in June 2017, but a hectic travel schedule owing to work and renovation of their new homemade them postpone their wedding to summer 2018. But, the relationship ended in the summer of 2018.
- Sam Martin (2019-2020) – She started going out with American Grammy Award-winning musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer Sam Martin in the year 2019. However, the romance did not last very long and they parted ways the following year.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Russian ancestry.
- Broad forehead
- Sharp chin
- Unique eye color and round, protruding eyes
- Extremely toned, compact body
33.5-25-35 in or 85-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 8 (UK) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
The following brands were Nastia’s corporate sponsors at the peak of her gymnastics career.
- Adidas (2004) – She appeared in a TV commercial with fellow gymnast Nadia Comăneci aired during the 2004 Olympics
- She was appointed Longines Sports Ambassador of Elegance in 2006.
- Vanilla Star Jeans (2008)
- Owns a line of gymnastics equipment with American Athletic since 2008.
- GK Elite Sportswear (2008)
- Visa (2008)
- AT&T (2007, 2008)
- Featured on the cover of Wheaties Boxes (2008).
- Featured on the cover of the Beijing 2008 video game
- Print Ad for Proctor & Gamble’s Herbal Essence, Totally Twisted shampoo (2008)
- Modeled for Tunisian fashion designer, Max Azria (2009)
- Spokesmodel for Covergirl cosmetics (2010)
- Signed an endorsement deal with Subway (2010)
- Launched girls wear line called Supergirl which sold in JC Penny stores (2010)
Post-retirement Nastia continues to promote her favorite brands as a fashion, fitness, and lifestyle blogger, some of which include:
- Print shoot and promotion of Caraa sport (2016)
- TULA skincare (2016 – 2017)
- LUSH Handmade cosmetics (2017)
- Sargento Cheese (2016)
- Angie’s Popcorn (2016)
- FabFitFun Beauty hampers (2017) and many others.
She also gets paid for being a fashion influencer by regularly updating many of her outfits on Instagram with a direct link to LIKEtoKNOW.it fashion app which further redirects her followers to links from where they can purchase the clothing items.
In July 2017, she advertised for Sugar Bear Hair on Instagram.
Christianity (member of the Russian Orthodox Church)
Best Known For
- Being a five-time Olympic medalist in Beijing 2008 which included 1 bronze, 3 silver, and 1 gold medal.
- Participated in season 20 of Dancing with the Stars (2015). Nastia consistently gave a stellar performance week after week but was eliminated in week 9 during the semi-finals.
First Gymnastic Match
She competed for the first time in National Championships 2002 as a junior at the age of 12. Despite suffering a fall on the uneven bars that pushed her back to 15th rank, she nailed all the other apparatus in the competition and found a place on the US National team.
Her first International competition was the Pan American Games 2003 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic where her team won the gold medal while Nastia won 3 silver medals for her performance on the uneven bar, balance beam, and all-around category scoring 37.874/40.
Played herself in the sport-based comedy drama Stick It (2006).
First TV Show
After winning a gold medal at Beijing Olympics, Nastia made a one-episode appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in 2008.
After years of working out 7 hours a day, Nastia stopped working out completely for a brief period post-retirement in 2012 and experienced a weight gain of 20 pounds.
She claims she felt completely out of place in a regular gym. She got her discipline back together taking Pilates classes and outdoor running.
Once she felt stronger, she started taking more advanced exercise classes such as Barre, Hot Yoga, SoulCycle, and Barry’s Bootcamp. Nastia also developed an interest in boxing and occasionally hires a trainer for one on one time.
Back on top of her fitness, she now feels competent enough to share her workouts, athleisure style, and diet tips on her blog.
Since Nastia travels a lot and faces long busy days, her preferred time to train is early morning for which she wakes up at 5:00 am.
In terms of DIET, Nastia sticks to organic, gluten-free food. Most of her meals are protein dense with lots of vegetables on the side. She frequently consumes a kale salad with homemade dressing.
Since she cannot cook frequently due to her professional commitments, she relies upon Postmates or Seamless food delivery services to stay on track with healthy eating.
Nastia Liukin Favorite Things
- Pre-Workout – Almond milk latte or Almond milk coffee
- Juice Brand – Suja Juices
- Chapstick Brand – Burt’s Bees
- Active Wear Brands – Athleta, Nike, Adidas, Koral, Michi, Alo Yoga
- Guilty Pleasure – Almond Milk Ice cream
- Fitness Icon – Gwen Stefani
- Sports Other Than Gymnastics – Tennis
- Carbohydrate Sources – Brown Rice, Sweet Potato
- Food – Sushi
- Snack – Organic crisp honey apples with almond butter
- TV Show – Nashville
- Competitive Memory – Suffering a fall during National Championship and finishing all her routines despite injury
- Color – Pink
- Drink – Coffee
- Skincare Brand – Tula
- Dry Shampoo Brand – Batiste
- Phone accessories – Apple headphones and Morphie charging case
- New York Season – Fall / Autumn
- Designer – Hayley Paige
- Favorite Places in Dallas, Texas
- Exercise Class – Zyn22
- Juice Bar – The Juice Bar
- Upscale Restaurant – Rosewood Mansion Restaurant, Turtle Creek
- Spa – Spa Habitat
- Brunch Place – Origin Kitchen and Bar
- Mexican Restaurant – Mi Cocina
- Lounge – The Tipsy Alchemist
- Hotel – Hotel Zaza
Source – Well And Good, World Lifestyle, The Cut, Woman’s Day, Modern Wellness Guide, Hidden Remote, People, Nastia Liukin
Nastia Liukin Facts
- She speaks fluent English and Russian.
- Nastia started training in gymnastics at the age of 3 since she practically lived at her father’s academy because her parents could not afford a babysitter.
- Her parents did not want her to get into gymnastics initially, being aware of the intense emotional and physical pressure of the sport. But, they gave in seeing her aptitude for it.
- She could not participate in the 2004 Athens Olympics because she was 10 months younger than the prescribed age to be a part of the senior team.
- Nastia could not bring her best to the 2012 Olympic trials which were her last event before retirement, nevertheless, she received a standing ovation from the crowd of 18000 fans in San José.
- She specialized in performing on bars and beam.
- Liukin hosts an annual competition in her name called, The Nastia Liukin cup since 2010. It offers exposure to pre-elite athletes to the experience of performing on a raised podium and large arena.
- She often raises money for her home-state Texas when it faces a natural disaster. In 2008, she volunteered to aid in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike and contributed her support after Hurricane Sandy in 2012.
- Nastia published her autobiography, Finding my Shine in November 2015.
She is super thin, almost skeletal, and even when she was competing she was very slim, gracile and elegant, how is that a ”compact” body? You mean ”compact skin”? An extremely compact, in the sense of homogeneous, firm, toned.