|Ally Maki Quick Info
|5 ft 1 in
|Date of Birth
|December 29, 1986
Ally Maki is an American actress and singer who has been working in Hollywood since her mid-teens. She had moved to Los Angeles at the age of 14 to pursue an acting career. Since then, she has landed bit-part roles in popular shows such as The Big Bang Theory, That’s So Raven, and Shake It Up. She got her first big breakthrough in 2016 with an important role in comedy series, Wrecked. She followed it up by bagging an important role in Cloak & Dagger.
Seattle, Washington, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ally Maki is represented by Brooklyn-based Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ally Maki has dated –
- Colton Haynes – Ally Maki has been often linked with actor and singer, Colton Haynes. However, they have always maintained that they are just very close friends and have never dated. But, she herself inadvertently flames the dating rumors by posting pictures of them together on her official social media accounts. She also doesn’t shy away from calling him ‘bae‘ in the captions.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Japanese ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
- Ally Maki has been featured in the Adidas 60th Anniversary global campaign.
- In 2007, she was featured in the national promotional campaign for T-Mobile, which included TV commercials, print adverts, and internet adverts.
- She has also appeared in a TV advert for Juicy Fruit.
- She has also used her social media activity to promote a number of products and brands such as –
- Paul Smith Design
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Jess Kato in the TBS comedy TV series, Wrecked
- Having made guest appearances in the popular TV shows such as The Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and New Girl
- Being cast in the recurring role of Mina Hess in the action TV series, Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger
As a Singer
Ally was a member of the all-girl pop band called The Valli Girls in the past. She played the keytar with the band and was also tasked with vocals.
In 2003, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the thriller film, Rogues.
First TV Show
In 2002, Ally Maki made her first TV show appearance on the Samba Story episode of the ABC family comedy series My Wife and Kids.
Ally Maki regularly works out to keep herself fit. She is a huge fan of yoga and Pilates. In case she is traveling because of her work commitments, she still makes sure that she is exercising. While traveling, she relies on Blogilates, which is a unique style of workout created by popular fitness instructor Cassey Ho. This style of workout is essentially a mixture of Pilates, cardio, and strengthening exercises.
Ally Maki Favorite Things
- Childhood TV Show – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Video Game – Mario Kart
- Makeup Product – Highlighter
- Highlighter Brand – Charlotte Tilbury, Dior, and Glossier
- Day Of The Year – New Year’s Eve
- Marvel Character – Groot
- Season – Fall
- Holiday – Halloween
- Karaoke Song – Wannabe by Spice Girls
- Snapchat Filter – Rainbow Filter
- Magazine – Vogue
- App – Snapchat
Ally Maki Facts
- She decided to move to Los Angeles for better acting opportunities after she was scouted by a talent manager in her hometown of Seattle. She was 14 years old at that time.
- While studying in high school, she worked as an intern for US Weekly. She was tasked with writing weekly content.
- She was considered for the role of Alice in the drama movie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. But, she ultimately lost out to Erin Wilhelmi.
- She was one of the finalists in contention for the starring female role in the action thriller movie, Elephant White, which had Kevin Bacon and Djimon Hounsou in the lead roles.
- Follow her on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Ally Maki / Instagram