|Navjot Singh Sidhu Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 20, 1963|
|Spouse||Navjot Kaur Sidhu|
Navjot Singh Sidhu is an Indian politician, cricket analyst, commentator, TV personality, and former cricketer who came into the limelight in 1983 after being named out to join the Indian national test team. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 800k followers on Twitter, more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook, and more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Navjot Singh Sidhu
Jonty Singh, Sixer Sidhu, Sidhu Paaji
Patiala, East Punjab, India
Sidhu studied at Yadavindra Public School, Patiala. Later, he began attending HR College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai.
Cricket Analyst, Commentator, Politician, Former Cricketer, TV Personality
- Father – Sardar Bhagwant Singh
- Mother – Nirmal Sidhu
- Siblings – Suman Toor (Sister), Neelam Mahajan (Sister)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
103 kg or 227 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Novjot Sindhu has dated –
- Navjot Kaur Sidhu – They have a daughter named, Rabia Sidhu who is an aspiring actress and a son named, Karan Sidhu.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick beard
- Laughs loudly
- Tall physique
Navjot Singh Sidhu Facts
- He grew up in Patiala before moving to Mumbai to complete his further studies.
- It was his father Bhagwant Singh’s dream to see his son join the national team and perform incredibly. He too was a well-versed cricketer.
- Sidhu played his debut first-class match in November 1981 against the “Services cricket team.”
- He was chosen by the Indian national cricket team in 1983. From there onwards, Sidhu played 51 “Test” matches from 1983 to 1999 and 136 “One Day International” matches from 1987 to 1998.
- During his 3rd test match against in Ahmedabad, Navjot fell victim to act of booing after he had only managed to make 20 runs in 90 minutes.
- Sidhu began his stint as a commentator during his tour with India in Sri Lanka in 2001. From there onwards, Sidh started to gain recognition for his one-liners that went on to be described as Sidhuisms.
- In the past, Sidhu worked with ESPN-Star and Ten Sports. However, ESPN-Star fired him for using foul language on air.
- Sidhu joined the popular show Comedy Nights with Kapil in 2013 as a guest member of the cast until 2016.
- In the past, Sidhu launched a website titled sherryontopp.com.
- Navjot fell victim to trolling on social media in 2019 after he was interpreted to have been supporting Pakistan after the terrorist attack on Pulwama. Due to that, Navjot was asked to resign from the show and was replaced by Archana Puran Singh.
- His political stint began in 2004 after he won a ticket on the Bhartiya Janata Party from Amritsar.
- He once stated that he was somewhat an apprentice of the Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley.
- Navjot was sent to prison for many days after being accused of assault that caused the death of the former chief minister of Punjab Gurnam Singh in 1991.
- In December 2006, he was given a 3-year prison term after being involved in the terms of culpable homicide during a road rage incident. However, his order was put at ease by the Supreme Court.
Featured Image By Satdeep Gill / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0