|Ncuti Gatwa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ncuti Gatwa is a Rwandan-born Scottish actor who is best known for having been cast as Eric Effiong in the Netflix original comedy teen drama series, S*x Education. He has also played many other roles in shows and movies such as Timidius in Horrible Histories: The Movie – Rotten Romans and Dougie in Stonemouth.
Nyarugenge, Kigali, Rwanda
Ncuti Gatwa studied at both Boroughmuir High School and Dunfermline High School. Later, he attended the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland located in Glasgow and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Acting in 2013.
- Father – Dr. Tharcisse Gatwa (A journalist with a Ph.D. in theology)
Ncuti Gatwa is represented by –
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- United Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ncuti Gatwa is of Rwandan descent.
- Sports a mustache
- Deep-set eyes
Ncuti Gatwa Facts
- He grew up in Scotland and spent most of his childhood in Edinburgh and Dunfermline.
- He made his first TV show appearance as Male Customer in an episode titled The Van of the comedy show, Bob Servant, in December 2014.
- In 2019, Ncuti Gatwa made his theatrical film debut as Timidius in the historical comedy film, Horrible Histories: The Movie – Rotten Romans, whose lead cast comprised of actors such as Emilia Jones, Sebastian Croft, and Craig Roberts.
- His S*x Education co-stars included Asa Butterfield, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Connor Swindells, Aimee Lou Wood, Kedar Williams-Stirling, Tanya Reynolds, Anne-Marie Duff, and Mimi Keene. Ncuti Gatwa played the role of Eric Effiong who is Otis’s openly gay best friend and comes from a religious Ghanaian-Nigerian family.
- His role in S*x Education won him several awards including the 2020 Newport Beach Film Festival award for “Breakthrough Honouree”, 2020 Broadcasting Press Guild Award for “Best Breakthrough”, and 2020 Royal Television Society Award for “Comedy Performance (Male)”.
- He got featured on the January 2019 issue of Teen Vogue.
Featured Image by MTV International / YouTube / CC BY 3.0