|Nico Rosberg Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 27, 1985|
Nico Rosberg is a German-Finnish former professional racing driver who won the 2016 Formula One World Championship after having finished as the runner-up in both 2014 and 2015. Having started his competitive F1 racing career in 2006, he finished in the ‘Top 10′ of the overall drivers’ standings for 8 years in succession, from 2009 to 2016. Before joining F1, he had won the 2002 Formula BMW ADAC series and the 2005 GP2 Series, the inaugural edition of the event. He had also stood 2nd in the 2004 Bahrain Superprix event. Nico announced his retirement from professional motorsport racing just 5 days after winning the 2016 F1 World Championship after which he worked in the fields of driver management and television punditry. He was inducted into the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile) Hall of Fame in 2017.
Nicolas Erik Rosberg
Wiesbaden, Hesse, Germany
He holds dual nationality.
Nico had attended the International School of Nice and then the International School of Monaco.
Professional Formula One Racing Driver (Retired)
- Father – Keke Rosberg (Former Professional Formula One Racing Driver, 1982 Formula One World Champion)
- Mother – Gesine Gleitsmann “Sina” Dengel (Interpreter)
He is represented by CAA Sports, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Formula One Teams
Nico has raced for –
- BMW Williams F1 Team (2005) (Test Driver)
- Williams F1 Team (2006)
- AT&T Williams (2007-2009)
- Mercedes GP/AMG Petronas F1 Team (2010-2016)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nico has dated –
- Vivian Sibold (2003–Present) – Nico began dating interior designer Vivian Sibold in 2003. After more than a decade of courtship, the couple got married in 2014, in Monaco. They have 2 daughters together named Alaïa (b. 2015) and Naila (b. 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Finnish descent on his father’s side and German descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Has moles on his neck
- Often sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
Nico has endorsed and served as the ambassador for –
- Thomas Sabo
- Hugo Boss
- Hot Wheels
- Deutsche Bahn
- Sky Sports
- Tribute to Bambi Foundation
- Schaeffler Group
Nico Rosberg Facts
- He had won the 1996 Côte d’Azur Mini-Kart Regional Championship, the 1997 Trophee Jérôme Bernard, and the 1997 Trophee de France. The last 2 of those titles made him the youngest driver, at 12, to win a French national karting series. He then finished 2nd at both the 1999 Italian Junior Karting Championship and the 2000 European KF1 Championship.
- Nico had competed with a Finnish racing license until the 2003 Formula 3 Euro Series after which he switched to a German license so that he could attract sponsorship agreements more easily.
- He won the Lorenzo Bandini Trophy in 2011, the inaugural FIA Pole Trophy in 2014, and the 2016 DHL Fastest Lap Award. He was also honored with the 2016 Autosport International Racing Driver Award and the 2017 Laureus World Sports Award for Breakthrough of the Year.
- When he won the 2016 Formula One World Championship, Nico had won 9 of the 21 races and had finished on the podium 16 times. Overall, he defeated his teammate and defending F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton by just 5 points.
Featured Image by Nico Rosberg / Instagram