|Edie Falco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1963|
Edie Falco is a talented American actress and a recipient of 2 Golden Globe Awards for her role as Carmela Soprano in The Sopranos. She is also known for her roles in Homicide: Life on the Street, Oz, Will & Grace, 30 Rock, Nurse Jackie, Law & Order True Crime, Judy Berlin, Random Hearts, Death of a Dog, Sunshine State, and Viper Club. She is an alma mater of SUNY Purchase.
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Edie Falco studied at the Northport High School. Later, she attended SUNY Purchase in New York and graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts in acting in 1986.
- Father – Frank Falco (Jazz Drummer & Worked in Advertising Agency)
- Mother – Judith Anderson (Actress)
- Siblings – Joseph Falco (Brother), Paul Falco (Brother), Ruth Falco (Sister)
- Others – Edward Falco (Uncle) (Novelist, Playwright, Poet), Joseph Falco (Paternal Grandfather), Edith Falco (Paternal Grandmother), Howard S. Anderson (Maternal Grandfather), Ruth S. Megrath (Maternal Grandmother)
Edie Falco is managed by Management 360, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Edie Falco has dated –
- John Devlin (1996-2002) – In 1996, Edie started dating commercial director John Devlin. They lived together in Manhattan, New York. However, somewhere in 2002, the couple separated leaving Edie devastated.
- Stanley Tucci (2003-2004) – From April 2003 to March 2004, she briefly dated her co-star from the play ‘Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune’, actor Stanley Tucci. However as Stanley was married, he went back to his wife and children, ending their affair amicably.
- Bill Sage (2009) – In 2009, Edie had a short relationship with actor Bill Sage.
Edie has 2 adopted children, a son named Anderson Falco (adopted in 2005) and a daughter named Macy (adopted in 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian ancestry on her father’s side and Swedish, English, and 1/16th Cornish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Lines on the forehead
- High cheekbone
Edie Falco appeared in a TV commercial for ASPCA in 2015.
Best Known For
Portraying important roles in numerous TV series and films including The Sopranos (1999–2007) as Carmela Soprano, Nurse Jackie (2009–2015) as Jackie, and Oz (1997–2000) as Diane Whittlesey, Laws of Gravity (1992) as Denise, and Judy Berlin (1999) as Judy Berlin
In 1987, she made her theatrical film debut in the drama film Sweet Lorraine as Karen.
First TV Show
In 1993, she made her first TV show appearance on the crime-drama series Homicide: Life on the Street as Eva Thormann.
In 2000, she made her TV show debut as a voice actress by lending her voice for the role of Officer Diane Whittlesey on the crime-drama series Oz. However, she was uncredited for her character.
In 2018, she made her credited TV show debut as a voice actress in the animated comedy series Animals. as Psycho.
Besides leading a busy life, Edie Falco works out regularly. Apart from running long distance, Edie regularly attends Pilate classes, practices yoga, and works out using the elliptical machine. She likes to mix her workout routine to keep it interesting.
As for her diet, she believes in eating smart by snacking on popcorns instead of chocolates, cakes, and cookies. She is a vegan and follows a healthy diet of fruits, veggies, low-fat dairy, and lean proteins.
Edie Falco Facts
- At the age of 4, she lived on Long Island, but as her family moved often, she was partially raised in Hicksville, North Babylon, and West Islip.
- Since her childhood days, Edie has been performing on stage like the Arena Players Repertory Theater in East Farmingdale.
- Her parents separated when she was 14 years old.
- When she reached high school, her family moved to Northport.
- In senior high school, she acted in a school production titled My Fair Lady playing the role of Eliza Doolittle.
- Before landing her acting role, she worked as a clown and did various other roles for weddings and birthday parties.
- She has a dog named Marley.
- In 2003, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and recovered completely in 2004.
- Previously, she had problems with alcohol, but fortunately, she decided to become sober and after that, took up advocacy of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- At the age of 6, she appeared in the play “The King’s Creampuffs”.
- In 2001, she appeared in the celebrity episode of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? and won $250,000 for Project ALS.
- She has also been involved with PETA and also appeared in an ad in 2013, discouraging children from attending a circus show.
- Once during a visit to the Disneyworld Florida, she was mistaken for actress Felicity Huffman.
- Edie is not active on social media.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0