|Nicola Roberts Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 5, 1985|
Nicola Roberts is an English singer, songwriter, recording artist, actor, and presenter who rose to fame in 2002 as a member of Girls Aloud, an English-Irish pop girl group created through the ITV talent show Popstars: The Rivals. The girl group released albums like What Will the Neighbours Say?, Tangled Up, Sound of the Underground, Chemistry, and Out of Control and became one of the few UK reality television acts to achieve continued success. Girls Aloud also entered the Guinness World Records as the most successful reality television music group as well as was named the United Kingdom’s biggest-selling girl group of the 21st century. Apart from that, Nicola has also been a part of projects like The Sunday Night Project, St Trinian’s, Styled to Rock, The Masked Singer, Got What It Takes?, and Britannia High.
Nicola Maria Roberts
Stamford, Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom
She studied at St Chad’s High School, a coeducational secondary school in Runcorn, Cheshire.
Nicola was good at school. She left school with 10 GCSEs.
Singer, songwriter, recording artist, actor, presenter
- Father – Paul Roberts (Worked for Royal Air Force and Ford)
- Mother – Debbie (Trillingham) (Worked as a photographer)
- Siblings – Frankie (Younger Sister)
- Others – Gordon Roberts (Paternal Grandfather), Barbara (Paternal Grandmother), Tom Trillingham (Maternal Grandfather), Eileen (Maternal Grandmother)
Roberts has been signed with –
- Fascination Records
- First Access Entertainment, Music Artist Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Pop, dance-pop, synthpop
Polydor, A&M Records
Her net worthy had been $13 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nicola Roberts has dated –
- Carl Egerton (2001-2006) – Nicola met Carl Egerton in 2001, one year before participating in the reality show Popstars: The Rivals. They started dating soon after that and continued dating for five years. The couple however split in December 2006 as Nicola’s busy schedule was coming in way of their relationship.
- Mark Feehily (2002) – In November 2002, she had a fling with Irish singer, Mark Feehily.
- Patrick Anderson (2006) – She was RUMORed to be dating Patrick Anderson in 2006.
- Carl Davies (2007-2008) – In January 2007, she met Carl Davies and started dating him. After dating for about one and a half years, the couple called it quits in May 2008.
- Charlie Fennell (2008-2014) – In November 2008, she started dating Charlie Fennell, who is believed to be from Dubai. The pair dated for about six years before calling it quits in July 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Nicola Roberts is of English descent.
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
As a part of the Girls Aloud, she had also appeared in a Sunsilk commercial.
She is probably a Christian.
Best Known For
Her contribution as a singer with the English-Irish pop girl group, Girls Aloud from 2002 to 2013.
As she was a part of the girl group, Girls Aloud (now defunct), her first album was Sound of the Underground, which was released on May 26, 2003, by Polydor Records. The album was certified as “Platinum” in the UK and they were able to sell 368,000 copies of the album. It charted at #2 in the UK, #6 in Ireland, and #53 in the Netherlands.
As a solo artist, she released her debut album Cinderella’s Eyes on September 23, 2011, via Polydor Records, which charted at #17 in UK, #48 in Ireland, and #21 in Scotland. The album received a really good response (3.5 out of 5 stars by AllMusic). The standard version of the album contains 12 tracks, which gives it a total length of 43:42 minutes.
In 2007, Nicola had a cameo appearance in the comedy film St Trinian’s, where she played the role of School Band Member.
First TV Show
In 2002, she appeared in ITV’s talent show Popstars: The Rivals as a contestant. She finished at 1st place there, and it kick-started her career.
She likes strolling the dogs, which provides a good leg workout.
To further enhance her legs, she does squats (generally 100) also while brushing her teeth in the morning.
She does not like processed food. She mainly eats clean and avoids all frozen and packet-based foods.
Nicola Roberts Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – Rodial
Source – GlamourMagazine.co.uk
Nicola Roberts Facts
- Previously, Nicola was a member of the band “The 5 Musketeers.”
- For most successful reality TV music group, girl group Girls Aloud was once included in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Her mom was just 17 when Nicola was born.
- After she finished first in Popstars: The Rivals, she was bullied by singer Lily Allen.
- She was the second person to enter into the 5-member pop girl group, Girls Aloud (now defunct).
- Lana Del Rey is her celebrity hair icon, Jennifer Lawrence is her beauty icon, Kerry Washington is her TV icon.
- Like Sarah Harding (other Girls Aloud member), she has also worked as a waitress before.
- Her family gave her the nickname “Cilla” after singer Cilla Black.
- Nicola grew up with low-class background children.
- She used to feel shy in her school.
- She has her own makeup range with the name “Dainty Doll” which she launched in November 2008.
- She likes to use a fake tan.
- Her family had suffered from financial problems.
- She is the youngest member of the former pop girl group, Girls Aloud.
- She is afraid of heights.
- Because of the fact that another contestant dropped out in 2002, she was included in Popstars: The Rivals.