|Nina Girado Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1980|
Nina Girado is a Filipina singer, songwriter, record producer, TV & radio personality, and actress who is widely acknowledged as one of the most popular and commercially successful musicians in South-East Asia. She has published the solo studio albums Heaven (2002), Smile (2003), Nina Live! (2005), Nina (2006), Nina Sings the Hits of Diane Warren (2008), Renditions of the Soul (2009), Stay Alive (2011), and All Good (2013).
Marifil Niña Girado
Asia’s Soul Siren
Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
Nina had attended the Miriam College, a non-stock, non-profit Filipino Catholic educational institution for girls and young women in Quezon City, Philippines. She had studied accountancy there and had graduated in 2000.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, TV & Radio Personality, Actress
- Father – Filbert Girado Sr. (Businessman) (Deceased)
- Mother – Maria Daulet (née Barinos) (Former Nurse)
- Siblings – Filbert Barinos Girado, Jr. aka King Girado (Older Brother) (Singer, Musician, Model, Actor), Dew-Anne Girado (Sister) (Musician), Patrick Girado (Brother) (Music Director)
- Others – Dard Enriquez (Brother-in-Law) (Guitarist)
Pop, R&B, Acoustic, Dance, Electropop
- Warner Music Philippines
- Universal Records Philippines Inc.
- Viva Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nina has dated –
- Jimmy Bondoc (2002–2005) – Nina had started dating fellow acoustic singer Jimmy Bondoc in 2002. The couple had parted ways in 2005 as Nina’s family was, reportedly, against the relationship.
- Nyoy Volante (2005-2007) – Nina began dating fellow musician Nyoy Volante in November 2005 but the pair had broken up by May 2007 due to an unresolved financial conflict.
- Enrico Enriquez (2008-Present) – Nina had started dating a businessman named Enrico Enriquez in 2008 after they had been introduced to each other by Dard Enriquez, Enrico’s brother, who later became Nina’s band guitarist. The couple got engaged in November 2009 and got secretly married in 2015. They have a daughter together named Ysabelle Louise (b. December 24, 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino descent.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, long, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Nina has served as the spokesperson for Goldilocks Bakeshop, a bakery chain based in the Philippines.
She was also the first Filipina endorser of Sennheiser microphones.
Nina Girado Facts
- She had developed an interest in singing from the age of 5 and her father had helped train her. In 1991, before hitting her teens, she had become the seven-week winner on a Philippine music competition show called Tanghalan ng Kampeon.
- Her father’s plans for her had changed, however, as she grew older. He had wanted Nina to earn a college degree (preferably a law degree) and join him for work in the United States.
- Nina, however, went against her father’s wishes and had joined a band called XS, as a vocalist, when she was 17 years old. Just 2 months after her father had died of a heart attack in the United States, she had bagged her first major recording contract, with Warner Music Philippines.
- In 2005, she was included in FHM Philippines‘ list of the ‘100 S*xiest Women in the World’.
- In May 2012, she had been featured on the cover of Playboy Philippines and the magazine had also released the behind-the-scenes footage of her photoshoot.
Featured Image by Nina Girado / Instagram