|Orkun Işıtmak Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1996|
Orkun Işıtmak is a Turkish actor, singer, songwriter, DJ, dancer, and social media star, best known for his YouTube channel of the same name, which has garnered more than 6.5 million subscribers and more than 1.5 billion views. He created the channel on April 18, 2010, under the name “The Persica,” and posted his 1st video titled Dream Of Aces – Grand’pa Aces which showed him displaying card tricks which he continued to do for the next 2 years. In 2012, Orkun shifted his focus to video games such as Portal 2, Minecraft, Slenderman, Happy Wheels, FIFA, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and a plethora of other adventure, horror, sports, and FPS games. Around 2015, Orkun made a complete content change on, risking his hard-earned subscriber number by posting more of his personal life. He worked towards checking items off his “bucket list” by going skydiving, swimming with sharks, traveling, and living his best life, according to him.
He also started creating challenges, pranks, dares, discussions, parody music videos, funny songs out of his audience’s comments, and worked with other well-known Turkish artists. As a singer-songwriter, in 2017, he released 2 singles titled Sen Ve Ben and Olmadı Böyle featuring a singer named Evrencan Gündüz. In June 2019, Orkun finally took a huge leap towards his music career and released his debut EP album titled Gündönümü (Solstice), which consisted of 5 tracks titled Hayat Kısa, Members, Bu Gece, Mesele, and Senden Önce ft. Nova Norda. He also made his film debut with a role of Batu ‘Phenom’ Çelik in a movie titled Iyi Oyun (Good Game: The Beginning) in 2018, which featured a coming-of-age story set in the world of gaming and eSports. Orkun has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 400k followers on Facebook, and more than 350k followers on Twitter.
Orkun Işıtmak graduated from Vali Vecdi Gönül Anadolu Lisesi (Governor Vecdi Gonul Anatolian High School) in Izmir, Turkey.
Orkun then enrolled in Istanbul University in Istanbul, Turkey, and studied Italian language and literature. He was forced to drop out of university once his YouTube channel rose in popularity.
In 2019, Orkun was studying English language and literature at the Bahçeşehir University in Istanbul, Turkey.
Actor, Social Media Star, Singer, Songwriter, DJ, Dancer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
He is represented by CreatorStation (Manager) in Istanbul, Turkey.
Doğan Müzik Yapım
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Orkun Işıtmak likes to keep his dating history private.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Turkish descent.
He has also dyed his hair ‘Blonde’ and ‘Crimson’ in the past.
- Slicked back undercut haircut
- Multiple tattoos
Orkun Işıtmak has endorsed brands such as –
- Pizza Hut
Besides endorsing the brand via his social media, Oruk also appeared in a Fanta TV commercial in 2019 alongside the well-known Turkish-Belgian singer-songwriter Hadise Açikgöz.
Best Known For
- His movie role of Batu ‘Phenom’ Çelik in the movie Iyi Oyun (Good Game: The Beginning) in 2018
- Having a fanbase online with more than 6.5 million subscribers on his primary YouTube channel, more than 1.5 million subscribers on his secondary YouTube channel, and more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram
As a Singer
Orkun released his debut single titled Sen Ve Ben on July 24, 2017, which he created as part of a challenge to make a complete song in only 24 hours on YouTube. The same year, he also released a rock single titled Olmadı Böyle featuring Evrencan Gündüz.
In June 2019, after positive feedback from his massive audience, Orkun Işıtmak recorded and released his debut EP titled Gündönümü (Solstice) which consisted of 5 tracks in total – Mesele, Senden Önce ft. Nova Norda, Hayat Kısa, Members, and Bu Gece.
Orkun Işıtmak made his theatrical film debut as Batu ‘Phenom’ Çelik in the comedy-drama movie Iyi Oyun (Good Game: The Beginning) in 2018.
First TV Show
Orkun Işıtmak made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode of the comedy series Güldür Güldür Show in 2018.
Orkun Işıtmak Favorite Things
- Animals – Cat, Dog, Lion, Snake
- Drinks – Coffee, Latte
- Fashion Brands – Balenciaga, Les Benjamins, Nike, Off White
- Activities – Snowboarding, Skiing, Skateboarding, Kayaking, Riding A Motorcycle
- Food – Hamburgers, “Lava” Rice With Chicken
- Personal Quote – “In order to entertain people, you must first entertain yourself.”
Orkun Işıtmak Facts
- He grew up in Izmir, Turkey, and lived with his mom until he moved to Istanbul, Turkey, to pursue his university education.
- He has 2 dogs and 2 cats.
- On March 2, 2014, Orkun decided to create a secondary YouTube channel simply titled Orkun Işıtmak 2. Initially, it served for backup purposes, but in 2016 it became a BTS (behind-the-scenes) and vlogging channel, and also included the videos that didn’t make the cut for his main one.
- In 2016, he started a trend of delivering gifts to children in Turkey for every New Year.
- In October 2016, he visited the Madame Tussauds Museum in Bangkok, Thailand, and took a selfie with a wax figure of Albert Einstein.
- He has admitted that for him, creating and producing videos is a very fast-paced activity. Orkun stated that the adrenaline rush of taking immediate action and seeing an almost immediate result is what attracted him to being a content creator, and also made him more productive.
- He once did a 30-day challenge series on his channel. For the 1st one, he went to the gym to try bodybuilding, which went well. However, when he tried boxing and sparred with a friend of his, he found he wasn’t the best at it, and left a painful reminder in his left eye.
- Orkun enjoys DJing as a hobby.
- He made a parody of the well-known song Despacito by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee in September 2017.
- Orkun defines his personal style as “comfortable.”
- He likes dancing as a way to relax and spend his free time.
- Naturalness and simplicity are the 2 traits that he loves in a woman.
- He credits his sincerity, honesty, and being relatable as the key for his success.
- He likes watching soccer matches from the front row if his home country of Turkey is playing.
- Orkun tried ice skating in a dress in February 2018, and also tried to fit into a wedding dress in December 2018, both for entertainment purposes.
- On December 9, 2018, Orkun won an award in the category of “Best YouTuber” at The 45th Pantene Golden Butterfly Awards held in Istanbul, Turkey.
- In May 2019, his content creation team consisted of 6 people. Orkun also sought more employees via his official website for various roles, some of which he said could already be a part of his fanbase.
- He was interviewed for the Frow magazine in May 2019, which was an honor for him.
- He met and took a picture with Dua Lipa in London, England, the United Kingdom in early July 2019.
- Visit his official website @ orkunisitmak.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, 2nd YouTube, YouNow, Spotify, and Apple Music.
Featured Image by Orkun Işıtmak / Instagram