|Ousmane Dembélé Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 15, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ousmane Dembélé is a French professional soccer player known for his successful career and for having performed under popular football clubs like Stade Rennais FC, Borussia Dortmund, and FC Barcelona. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Nike. Ousmane has a huge social media fan base with more than 6 million followers on Instagram and more than 600k followers on Twitter.
Ousmane Dembélé started his soccer journey at the youth setup of Madeleine Évreux. At the age of 12, he joined Évreux FC 27. A year later, he joined the youth academy of Rennes.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Ousmane Dembélé Snr.
- Mother – Fatimata Dembélé
Ousmane Dembélé is represented by Badou Sambague.
23 – Stade Rennais FC
7 – Borussia Dortmund
11 – FC Barcelona, France National Team
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Malian ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he has Mauritanian and Senegalese ancestry.
- Short cropped hairdo
- High cheekbones
Ousmane Dembélé has inked an endorsement deal with Nike as part of which, he is required to wear their cleats for his professional matches. He also wears their merchandise during his public appearances.
Best Known For
- His scintillating season with Borussia Dortmund during which he managed to score 11 goals and recorded astonishing 20 assists
- His high profile transfer to FC Barcelona in August 2017 as they paid €105 million to Borussia Dortmund. The Catalan club promised further €40 million in add-ons.
- Being one of the most exciting young attacking players in the European soccer
First Soccer Match
- In September 2015, he made his professional debut for Rennes in a Ligue 1 match against Angers. He was sent in as a substitute in the 2nd half.
- In August 2016, he made his first appearance for Borussia Dortmund in his side’s 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich in the DFL-Supercup match.
- In September 2017, he made his debut for FC Barcelona in a La Liga match against their city rivals Espanyol at Camp Nou. He assisted his side’s 5th goal in 5-0 win.
- In September 2016, he made his international debut for France National Team in their match against Italy. He came in as Antoine Griezmann‘s substitute in the 2nd half.
- Ball Control
- Technical Ability
- Sometimes holds the ball for too long
- Lack of discipline
First TV Show
In June 2018, Ousmane Dembélé made his first TV show appearance in The Creators episode of the sports documentary, Phenoms.
Ousmane Dembélé Favorite Things
- Video Games – Mario Kart, NBA Live 18, and FIFA 2017
- TV Series – Narcos
- Music Artist – MHD
- Action Hero – Chuck Norris
- Fashion Brands – Balmain, Dolce & Gabbana
- Role Model – Neymar
Ousmane Dembélé Facts
- In May 2016, he was bought by Borussia Dortmund from Rennes for an undisclosed amount. He signed a 5 year deal with the German club.
- In his only season with Borussia Dortmund, he won DFB-Pokal Cup. He was even declared “Man of the Match” in the final match against Bayern Munich. At the end of 2016/17 season, he was selected as the “Bundesliga Rookie of the Season”. He was also included in the “Bundesliga Team of the Season”.
- In August 2017, he moved to Barcelona from Borussia Dortmund in a deal reported to be worth €105 million. About €40 million was tied in add-ons. Rennes also received €20 million from Dortmund’s transfer fees.
- Upon his transfer to Barcelona, he was handed number 11 jersey, which was previously worn by the Brazilian superstar Neymar, who had recently left the club for Paris Saint-Germain.
- In September 2017, he suffered a hamstring injury in his first league start for Barcelona. He was ruled out for 4 months. He was declared fit in January 2018 but a couple of weeks later, he once again got injured and was ruled out for 4 weeks.
- In his debut season with FC Barcelona, he won Copa del Rey as well as La Liga.
- In the early months of 2018, it was reported that the officials at Barcelona were concerned about his lifestyle and felt it was having a negative impact on his game. They even decided to provide him with a personal chef to make sure that he wasn’t eating fast food.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by S. Plaine / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0