|Paik Seung-ho Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Paik Seung-ho is a South Korean professional soccer player who has represented, as a midfielder, FC Barcelona Atlètic (2016-2017), CF Peralada (2017-2019), and Girona FC (2019) in Spain; SV Darmstadt 98 (2019-2021) in Germany; and Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors (2021-Present) in South Korea. FC Barcelona Atlètic is the reserve team of Spanish titans FC Barcelona and competes in the 3rd tier of the Spanish soccer league system. CF Peralada, during Paik’s stint with the team, acted as the reserve team of Girona FC and competed in the 3rd and 4th tiers of the Spanish soccer league system. With Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors, he won the K League 1 (the top professional division of the South Korean soccer league system) title in 2021 and the Korean FA Cup (the premier domestic knockout soccer competition in South Korea) in 2022. The former title was the club’s record-extending 9th such while the latter title was the club’s 5th such and made it the then 2nd-most successful team in the competition. At the international level, Paik represented South Korea at the under-20 and under-23 tiers before making his senior national debut in June 2019. With South Korea, he finished as the runner-up at the 2022 edition of the EAFF (East Asian Football Federation) Championship.
Seoul, South Korea
Paik had attended Daedong Elementary School in his hometown of Seoul. He later joined the Maetan Middle School in Suwon, the capital and largest city of Gyeonggi-do, South Korea’s most populous province which surrounds Seoul, the national capital.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Paik Il-yeong
- Mother – Kim Mi-hee
- 15, 14, 25, 13, 22, 8 – South Korea
- 17 – FC Barcelona Atlètic
- 9, 7, 5 – CF Peralada
- 35 – Girona FC
- 14 – SV Darmstadt 98
- 5, 8 – Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors
6 ft or 183 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Korean descent.
- Toned physique
- Slightly overgrown, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
He has been sponsored by Red Bull GmbH, an Austrian private company best known for its range of energy drinks.
Paik Seung-ho Facts
- In December 2009, he participated in the inaugural edition of the Korea-Catalonia Youth Cup held in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, as a member of the South Korean under-14 national team. He was offered a contract by the youth system of Spanish titans FC Barcelona due to his impressive performance in that tournament.
- However, Paik had already been scouted by Suwon Samsung Bluewings Academy, the youth system of the Suwon Samsung Bluewings, a top-tier professional soccer club based in Suwon, South Korea.
- Hence, his youth career began in 2010 when, as a 13-year-old, he joined Suwon Samsung Bluewings Academy. Shortly after this though, in an incredibly gracious gesture, Suwon Samsung Bluewings decided to send Paik to Spain so that he could train at one of the best, if not the best, finishing schools in the soccer world.
- So, later in 2010, he joined the youth system of FC Barcelona. In February 2013, FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) suspended Paik and 5 other players from the youth system of FC Barcelona for violating an article of FIFA‘s rules.
- This meant that he could not participate in the club’s official matches until January 2016. Later that year, he was promoted to the senior team of FC Barcelona Atlètic, the reserve team of FC Barcelona.
- In South Korea’s pre-quarterfinal match of the 2022 edition of the FIFA World Cup, against 5-time champions Brazil, Paik scored his team’s only goal in a 4-1 defeat. It was just the 3rd goal of his senior-level international career for South Korea.
Featured Image by Paik Seung-ho / Instagram