Papa Roach is an American rock band formed in Vacaville, California, in 1993. The band’s original lineup consisted of singer Jacoby Shaddix, drummer Dave Buckner, guitarist Jerry Horton, trombonist Ben Luther, and bassist Will James. Dave, Ben, and Will were later replaced by Tobin Esperance as bassist and Tony Palermo on drums. The band is known for some of their famous songs such as Last Resort, Between Angels and Insects, She Loves Me Not, Getting Away with Murder, Scars, Forever, and many more.
- Jacoby Shaddix – Vocals
- Jerry Horton – Guitar, Vocals
- Tobin Esperance – Bass
- Tony Palermo – Drums, Percussion
- Dave Buckner
- Ben Luther
- Will James
- Ryan Brown
Vacaville, California, United States
Hard rock, Nu Metal, Rap Metal, Alternative Metal, Alternative Rock
- Eleven Seven Records
- DGC Records
- Interscope Records
- Geffen Records
- DreamWorks Records
The band has done several tours ever since they formed. Some of them are –
- Vans Warped Tour
- Anger Management Tour
- Master Bay tour
- Bad Boys of Rock tour
- Dark Horse Tour
The band released their first album Old Friends from Young Years in February 1997. The band also released a live album titled Time for Annihilation in August 2010.
They have released several successful songs such as Between Angels and Insects, Getting Away with Murder, Last Resort, Time and Time Again, Broken Home, Lifeline, and many more.
Papa Roach Facts
- Band’s founder and lead vocalist Jacoby Shaddix met their now former drummer Dave Buckner in high school and were later joined by guitarist Jerry Horton, trombonist Ben Luther and bassist Will James to complete the band.
- As a band, they entered a school’s talent show where they performed a version of Fire by Jimi Hendrix but unfortunately ended up losing.
- Ben Luther left the band in March 1993.
- The band was named “Papa Roach” which was inspired by singer Jacoby Shaddix’s step-grandfather, Howard William Roatch who was also known as Papa Roach.
- In 1994, drummer Dave Buckner went to Seattle to study art and was temporarily replaced by new drummer Ryan Brown.
- The band’s first touring van was named Moby Dick.
- In 1996, original bassist Will James was replaced by band’s longtime roadie Tobin Esperance as Will’s involvement with the church increased.
- In 2007, Tony Palermo joined the band as a drummer after the departure of Dave Buckner.
- Visit the band’s official website @ paparoach.com.
- Connect with the band members on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ludmila Joaquina Valentina Buyo / Flickr / Public Domain