|Park Min-soo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Park Min-soo is an elite South Korean artistic gymnast. He had been a participant at the 2015 Glasgow World Artistic Gymnastics Championships and had qualified for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. As a part of his country’s senior and elite artistic gymnastics team, Park won the Silver medal at the 2014 Incheon Asian Games and the Bronze medal at the 2018 Jakarta Asian Games.
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Park completed his primary and secondary education from schools in the Ilsan district, near Seoul. He then graduated with a degree in sport studies from Hanyang University in Seoul.
He self-manages his professional career.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Korean descent.
- Muscular frame
- Side-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Boyish face
Park Min-soo Favorite Things
- Martial Art– Taekkyeon
Source – Gymnastics.sport
Park Min-soo Facts
- He is a part of the sports club at the Hanyang University in Seoul and has been coached by Yoon Chang-soon at the university level.
- He is also a member of the Jellabuk-do Government sports club in South Korea and has been coached by Shin Hyung-wook at the national level.
Park began his gymnastics training in 5th grade at the age of 11. He was originally interested in traditional Korean Martial art, Taekkyeon. However, his childhood coach was trained in gymnastics and acrobatics and encouraged Park to follow the suit.
- In 2012, at the age of 18, he was beset by a series of back injuries that threatened to derail his career but Park bounced back spectacularly in due course of time. The same year, proving his resilience, he participated at the 93rd National Games of Korea, held in Daegu. He competed in the High School Men’s all-around gymnastics event and achieved 3rd place in a competition that was being contested by some of the country’s top gymnasts, including those who had recently featured at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
- In 2015, he clinched the silver medal in the artistic gymnastics team event at the World University Games in Gwangju and the feat pushed him into the reckoning for national senior team selection. The same year, he was honored with an ‘Excellence Award’ by the Korean Gymnastics Association.
- Park had participated at the prestigious American Cup in 2016, then known as the AT&T American Cup. He was not part of the original roster of participants but got a chance due to an injury to his compatriot Lee Junho.
- He had participated in the 2016 summer Olympics at 9 individual and team events that included vault, floor exercise, parallel bars, horizontal bars, pommel horse, and rings. As of October 2019, he harbors strong ambitions of competing at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games as well.
Featured Image by Park Min-soo / Instagram