Buddy McKnox Handleson
Danville, California, United States
Los Angles, California, United States
Buddy studied in Vista Grande and John F. Baldwin Elementary Schools followed by Venture School that allows flexible and independent study schedules for working children.
He had a studio teacher on the sets of his TV Shows to support him through school work.
Buddy also took lessons from the acting coach Romeo Marquez.
- Father – Jay Handleson
- Mother – Athena Poulos Handleson
- Siblings – Brooke Melody Handleson (Older Sister) (Professional Cheerleader with National Cheerleaders Association), Amanda Handleson Terpstra (Half-Sister)
- Others – Maria Mekus (Maternal Aunt), Jordan Terpstra (Brother-in-law), Oliver Terpstra (Nephew)
Talent Works, Burbank, California, U.S.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Logan Quintana (2017) – In June 2017, Buddy came out as gay to his social media audience on Instagram and further declared that he was dating college student Logan.
Race / Ethnicity
He possibly has Scottish and Greek ancestry.
- Typical blue-eyed blond appearance
- Often wears old-school prescription spectacles
- Short and thin physical frame
Best Known For
- Playing the lead role of Wendell Bassett in Wendell and Vinnie (2013), aired on Nickelodeon which was canceled after one season.
- The main role of Newt in two seasons of another Nickelodeon show called Bella and the Bulldogs (2015–2016).
Buddy was cast in a minor role as Christopher Crump in the romantic comedy Coming & Going in 2011.
First TV Show
He had a minor, back up part in Disney’s Hannah Montana in 2009.
Buddy Handleson Favorite Things
- Soda – Dr. Pepper
- Sports Team – San Francisco Giants (Baseball Team)
- Comedians – Michael J. Fox, Jim Parsons, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey
- Song – Favorite Color by Carly Rae Jepson
- TV Show – The Walking Dead
- Dream Car – White Maserati
- Film / TV Show Genre – Comedy
Buddy Handleson Facts
- At the age of 3, Buddy was spotted by a former model and talent agent, Cathy Steele in Orlando, Florida who advised his parents to consider putting him in acting and modeling.
- At the age of 7, he did really well at kids modeling showcase in Florida after which his parents put him in an after-school acting institute and started taking him to auditions.
- Buddy started gaining visibility on various acting projects on TV at the age of 10.
- His TV show Wendell and Vinnie was shot right across the studio where The Ellen Degeneres Show is filmed, so the actor was constantly curious to know about the visiting celebrity guests.
- According to Buddy’s former co-star Jackie Radinsky, Buddy is just as funny off-camera as he is in his comedic roles on TV.
- He tends to get cast for roles much younger than his actual age. At the age of 10, he was cast to play the part of a 6-year-old.
- Buddy shared that the major struggle of being an actor is to hear a lot of NO before getting a YES.
- He was inspired by the movie La La Land (2016) and hopes to do a musical sometime in the future even though he confessed that he is not much of a singer.
- Buddy’s mother often warns him that the day he gets arrogant about being an actor, she will pull him out of the acting industry, no matter how old he might be at that time.
- To know more about the actor, follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Buddy Handleson / Instagram