|Pascal Siakam Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Pascal Siakam is a Cameroonian professional basketball player and TV personality. He was selected by Toronto Raptors with the 27th overall pick in Round 1 of the 2016 NBA draft. In the 2019-20 season, Pascal was named an NBA All-Star for the 1st time.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At the age of 11, his father enrolled him in St. Andrew’s Seminary in Bafia, Centre Province, Cameroon. He graduated in 2012.
Pascal moved to the United States at the age of 16. He attended different basketball camps before settling for God’s Academy in Lewisville, Texas, United States.
In 2013, he enrolled in New Mexico State University in Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States. He remained there until April 19, 2016, when he declared for the 2016 NBA draft, thus forgoing the last 2 years of education.
Professional Basketball Player, TV Personality
- Father – Tchamo Siakam (Mayor for Makénéné town, Worked for a local transit company) (He died in a car crash on October 23, 2014)
- Mother – Victorie Siakam
- Siblings – Boris Siakam (Older Brother) (Basketball Player in the NCAA Division I at Western Kentucky University), Christian Siakam (Older Brother) (Manager, Basketball Player in the NCAA Division I at Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis), James Siakam (Older Brother) (Basketball Player in the NCAA Division I at Vanderbilt University)
Pascal Siakam is managed by his older brother, Christian Siakam.
43 – Toronto Raptors
6 ft 9 in or 206 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pascal Siakam has dated –
- Bianca Andreescu (2019) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Cameroonian descent.
Pascal Siakam has pledged his support to the Right To Play foundation.
Pascal Siakam Facts
- His name is pronounced Pass-CAL See-AHK-am.
- He initially wanted to become a Catholic priest and embody his family’s Catholicism. By the age of 15, he switched to basketball.
- A professional basketball player Luc Mbah a Moute discovered him at a local camp just 2 miles or about 3 kilometers from Bafia. He joined Mbah a Moute’s basketball camp in 2011.
- Pascal was picked to attend the Basketball Without Borders camp in 2012 with barely any experience. According to some reports, the deciding factor was his athleticism and extremely high energy.
- One of his biggest regrets is not being able to attend his father’s funeral in October 2014 because he was waiting for his United States visa to be issued.
- When he made his debut for Toronto Raptors on October 2, 2016, he became the 1st rookie to start in the season-opener for the team since Jonas Valančiūnas in 2012.
- His NBA debut was also the 1st NBA game he had ever seen in person.
- For games played between November 5 and November 11 in the 2018-2019 season, Pascal was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week. This made him the 8th Toronto Raptors player in their history to do so. He was preceded by DeMar DeRozan, Vince Carter, Chris Bosh, Kyle Lowry, Jalen Rose, Mike James, and Lou Williams.
- He helped Toronto Raptors win their 1st NBA Championship in franchise history in the 2019 finals season against Golden State Warriors by scoring a playoff career-high 32 points.
- At the 2019 Awards ceremony, Pascal was named the NBA’s Most Improved Player for the 2018–19 season. This directly affected the Toronto Raptors‘ decision to offer him a 4-year contract extension worth $130 million.
- His biggest fan is a young girl named Reanna Ramos, daughter of Samual Ramos.
- A boy in the audience once held up a sign that said “Pascal, will you date my mom?” in November 2019. His mom was next to him and seemed amused.
Featured Image by Pascal Siakam / Instagram