|Pat Cummins Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1993|
|Girlfriend||Rebecca “Becky” Boston|
Pat Cummins is an Australian professional cricketer who is primarily known for his world-class pace bowling and more than handy lower-order batting capabilities. He made his Test match debut in 2011, at the age of just 18, and by 2019 had become the co-vice-captain of the Australian senior men’s national team in all 3 international formats of the game. He also features frequently in franchise-based T20 competitions such as the IPL (Indian Premier League) and the BBL (Big Bash League). As of December 2019, he was ranked as the No.1 bowler in the ICC’s official Test Match rankings.
Patrick James Cummins
Pat, Cummo, The Postman, Cider, Winx
Westmead, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Pat had attended and graduated from St. Paul’s Grammar School in Sydney. He then joined the University of Technology Sydney on an Elite Athlete Program scholarship and graduated with a Bachelor of Business degree.
- Father – Peter Cummins
- Mother – Maria Cummins
- Siblings – Tim Cummins (Older Brother), Matt Cummins (Older Brother), Laura Cummins (Sister), Kara Cummins (Sister)
He is represented by Judie Anderson, Manager, Maximum Group International, New South Wales, Australia.
30 – Test Match, ODI, T20I, BBL
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pat has dated –
- Rebecca “Becky” Boston
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Australian descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Toned physique
- Charming smile
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
Pat has served as the ambassador for brands such as –
- Gillette Australia
- New Balance
- Hublot Australia
- Fox Cricket
He has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Alinta Energy
Pat Cummins Favorite Things
- Pace Bowlers – Brett Lee, Zaheer Khan
- Australian Rules Football Team – Sydney Swans
- Hobbies/Interests – Reading, Solving Crossword puzzles, Swimming
- Cricket Format – Test Matches
- Cricket Event/Tournament – The Ashes
- Music Band – The Rolling Stones
Pat Cummins Facts
- He was the joint leading wicket-taker with future national teammate Nathan Lyon, in the 2010-11 KFC Twenty20 Big Bash tournament. His stellar performance in the series included a man-of-the-match performance in the preliminary final where he bagged a 4-wicket haul.
- He revealed in a 2011 interview that the top of his middle finger on his right hand had to be amputated at the age of 3 when his sister had slammed a bathroom door on his hand, in a freak accident.
- When he made his test match debut at the Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg in November 2011, he was just 18 years old and became Australia’s youngest Test cricketer since Ian Craig who had taken his bow in 1953. He also picked up 6 wickets for 79 runs in one of the innings to become the second-youngest cricketer to bag a 6-wicket haul in Test cricket. His performance had also given him the rare distinction of becoming the man of the match in his Test debut.
- His young career was beset by several injuries, most notably a stress fracture of the back, which kept him out of international cricket for several years. There was a staggering gap of 1,946 days between his first 2 Test matches, the 2nd coming against India in March 2017.
- He was honored with the coveted Allan Border Medal in 2019. The prize is annually given to the most outstanding male Australian cricketer and is considered to be the most prestigious individual award in Australian cricket.
- In the December 2019 Indian Premier League (IPL) Auctions, he was snapped up by the Kolkata Knight Riders franchise for USD 2.2 million, which made him the most expensive overseas player ever to have been featured in the league.
- He is one of the co-founders of AthletesVoice, an online portal that works as a means of a direct connection between elite Australian sportspeople and fans.
- Pat is associated with and often promotes and raises funds for the Australian Mitochondrial Disease Foundation.
- In April 2021, Pat Cummins donated $50,000 to UNICEF Australia for buying oxygen supplies for Indian hospitals after seeing increasing positive COVID-19 cases.
- In February 2022, during the IPL 2022 mega auction, Pat was purchased by Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for INR 7.25 crore (or INR 725 million).
Featured Image by Pat Cummins / Instagram